Long netting

Guss33

I put out a post on long netting section for any information or pictures on setting up drop nets. I have several property's where I can set them up and they will be safe. What I would like to know is how to build one I have plenty of long nettings but if anyone can give me advice on how to build a system to drop the net it would be great. I did ask the question on the long netting section but didn't  get much information any help or advice on design will be appreciated. 

I once made a 25yd drop net. It was 6 poles 8ft tall with a pointy end. Each pole would split In 2 as it was threaded in the middle. The idea was easier to store.

On top of each pole it had a threaded hole and if I remember correct I used to put a washer on with running line fixed. 5yds inbetween washers and a long length each end to anchor the end poles and stop them pulling to the centre.they would be 5yds apart to keep it the correct spacing at the top for the  net. Bottom would be measured out when placing poles.

On each pole I had 2 steel rings with a bar connecting them at the desired working height of the net. I used steel as I thought it would stop the net lifting in the wind but I think I went 2 heavy.

Net was fixed to slider and lifted up to the top of the poles. It cant come off because of the washers, and when at top there was a hole under the bottom ring for a pin. Each pole had a pin all tied to some running line and when you pull it one pin comes out after the other and net falls.

If the slider is too heavy pin wont pull easy, that's were I went wrong..

Edited to add maybe more than 8 ft tall,I forget

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Guss33 said:

I put out a post on long netting section for any information or pictures on setting up drop nets. I have several property's where I can set them up and they will be safe. What I would like to know is how to build one I have plenty of long nettings but if anyone can give me advice on how to build a system to drop the net it would be great. I did ask the question on the long netting section but didn't  get much information any help or advice on design will be appreciated. 

You need to keep away from them lads on the Long netting section... not one of em offer any advice, bunch of useless b*****ds they are ..?

• Like 1

Guys thanks for the information I have looked on the internet and not found a lot of information I have an idea and will make up a system that will hopefully work once done I will put it up on the site for for everyone can not only see how it works but maybe ideas on how to improve it. I did come across one in this form a bloke called kevi made and used a central locking system from a car and was remote I think something like that my be a little bit over engineered or maybe not I do have his number I may even give him a call.