Goshawking

Moorman 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a hare with her, there aren't many around here, had a good flight on a crow this morning. Third slip on a hare today from a good solid point,result 👌

What a flight! wasn't out for long, I had to end the session and give her a big reward. The last flight was the best flight that I have seen her perform to date. The dog was on point in the cover crop

Slipped out for a cheeky Christmas Day Rooster 👌 #39

Posted Images

Typical carrying out some pest control for a keeper, and two accidents. My mates male Harris entered on a partridge while ferreting. Then my gos had the best flight of the season so far. We were walking across a field of kale to ferret a hedge and a cock bird exploded from the cover I slipped and let go of her jesses. The flight was 348 metres down a valley and she took it high above the tree tops with a spectacular mid air bind. Unintentional but a spectacle to behold, and a flight that I will never forget. 👌56

20210204_134029.jpg

20210204_154059.jpg

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Out helping keeper today 4 accidents. My mates young white gos had a cockbird,and mine had two hens and a cock!

20210210_103351.jpg

20210210_143537.jpg

Was waiting for these lol ,,

looks like a good day mate ,white looks mean 😂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Moorman 1 said:

Thanks!

Yes it is, it was one of the first RS4's to be released. 

How heavy are they mate , I'm getting gps this year mate had the Marshall one seems OK but he had one transmitter pack in and lost his Goss for 3 days 

RS4 7.5g RS2 3.5g. Mine is the RS4 better battery life and range. Don't get the Marshall they aren't any good on a hawk, they are designed for longwings, and I would still get the Microsensory. My mate is selling his Marshall GPS after seeing mine in action and buying Microsensory. The battery life on the Marshall is shocking mate, and a recipe for disaster with a gos.

The other day my mate forgot to charge his Microsensory before he went out and the battery was a higher percentage when he packed up as the solar panels on the tag charged it as he was using it. Quite often mine is on 100% when I pack up after being out 6 or 7 hours. As for size we used the heavier RS4 backpacked on a female Sparrowhawk, its way smaller and lighter than the Marshall. The Microsensory is a game changer and it's cheaper than the Marshall. I know I sound like a Microsensory rep but I wouldn't fly my birds with anything else!

Edited by Moorman 1
3 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

RS4 7.5g RS2 3.5g. Mine is the RS4 better battery life and range. Don't get the Marshall they aren't any good on a hawk, they are designed for longwings, and I would still get the Microsensory. My mate is selling his Marshall GPS after seeing mine in action and buying Microsensory. The battery life on the Marshall is shocking mate, and a recipe for disaster with a gos.

The other day my mate forgot to charge his Microsensory before he went out and the battery was a higher percentage when he packed up as the solar panels on the tag charged it as he was using it. Quite often mine is on 100% when I pack up after being out 6 or 7 hours. As for size we used the heavier RS4 backpacked on a female Sparrowhawk, its way smaller and lighter than the Marshall. The Microsensory is a game changer and it's cheaper than the Marshall. I know I sound like a Microsensory rep but I wouldn't fly my birds with anything else!

Thats it then microsensory it it ,👍