Cocker spaniel

jcm

1 minute ago, jcm said:

That's the ideal type then, do they work well in a pack or better off alone 

He does his own thing as he’s to fast for the other dogs as they are sent based where he will just crash anything but if anything happens he’s straight back and on it 

Tbh I found if they work they work whether alone or in a pack. Maybe when starting them off it would be better to have a walk with a couple of experienced dogs to show them the crack. Tip I wouldn't start them in summer when nettle and thorn is high can really put them off bushing enjoy there great little dogs

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, bunnyboiler said:

He does his own thing as he’s to fast for the other dogs as they are sent based where he will just crash anything but if anything happens he’s straight back and on it 

Good to know, ideal would be working with couple terriers and teckles 

8 minutes ago, Lewis1 said:

Tbh I found if they work they work whether alone or in a pack. Maybe when starting them off it would be better to have a walk with a couple of experienced dogs to show them the crack. Tip I wouldn't start them in summer when nettle and thorn is high can really put them off bushing enjoy there great little dogs

Good tip, I'm used to terriers that push on through any cover so something I would keep in mind, is there a line of cocker to look out for?? 

Worker to worker mate ideally out of dogs already doing what your looking for. Alot of people look for certain names in pedigree but I don't get caught up in all that. At the end of day the dog makes pedigree not other way if ya get what I mean good luck

9 minutes ago, Lewis1 said:

Worker to worker mate ideally out of dogs already doing what your looking for. Alot of people look for certain names in pedigree but I don't get caught up in all that. At the end of day the dog makes pedigree not other way if ya get what I mean good luck

That's great thanks for the advise ?

46 minutes ago, terryd said:

Hardest part be finding one under a grand. Right little characters and you see boys using them for wild fowling lugging geese around fair play. Not ruling out another

Seem to be going for a fortune atm arnt they.