Foxing bonanza

21 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Several years ago I had a cheap caller. It had some hideous sounds but the jackrabbit call that sounded like a cross between a goat being bludgeoned and a camel being mated by an elephant actually called several in and in daylight!

Have you had a go with that bullet caller sd?!
It pulls suff in, thing is it’s generally the wrong stuff.. had about a dozen hares and a deer come to me one night?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

Have you had a go with that bullet caller sd?!
It pulls suff in, thing is it’s generally the wrong stuff.. had about a dozen hares and a deer come to me one night?

I have tried it a few times at night but nowt turned up. Not the callers fault but it's been quiet here for a while now that I got rid of my slinky and she never gave me a chance even if she did come so far to a call.

I use to do a lot of daytime calling but that seems to dropped off after losing some prime land.

If I get chance this weekend now it's cooling down I may have another go now you've prompted me?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I have tried it a few times at night but nowt turned up. Not the callers fault but it's been quiet here for a while now that I got rid of my slinky and she never gave me a chance even if she did come so far to a call.

I use to do a lot of daytime calling but that seems to dropped off after losing some prime land.

If I get chance this weekend now it's cooling down I may have another go now you've prompted me?

there seems to be loads about my way at the moment but id been holding off due to wanting a gizmo to draw them away from the roads and other dodgy areas!

I do alright just mouth squeaking but its been a pain getting them to a safe shot zone( cattle/horses and houses in the background)

went to a place the other night, not been for ages and grass had just been cut in loads of fields.. saw a few there as well, they'll be one less kicking about  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, si brown said:

there seems to be loads about my way at the moment but id been holding off due to wanting a gizmo to draw them away from the roads and other dodgy areas!

I do alright just mouth squeaking but its been a pain getting them to a safe shot zone( cattle/horses and houses in the background)

went to a place the other night, not been for ages and grass had just been cut in loads of fields.. saw a few there as well, they'll be one less kicking about  

Foxpro will definitely do the job for you , have you not got it yet ? Out of the 8 I shot 7 were called in using the Foxpro ?

Edited by FOXHUNTER