Swarovski or Zeiss

Hi,

Im after buying a scope for a Tikka T3 Lite .243 but not sure which scope to go for I've heard good things about both these makes but is one better than the other? also I have been told to just go for a basic 8x56 magnification so there is less time spent messing around with the magnification. what are you veiws on this? this will mainly be used for lamping foxes but with some deer stalking

Thanks

Sam

both top scopes. i would go to a shop and look at both and see which one you like the best. but if it was me i would go for the Swarovski scope. only because ive used one and they are superb :thumbs:

well jamie g ive got to say its nice to see you not saying anthing about may mates got a Tikka t3 tactical 223, and the scope is a swarovski PVI-2 6-24X50 P HIGH GRID WITH TDS-4I RETICLE ive talk to david about this a few times and he just laught i remember you putting up a photo awhile back of 6 foxes you mate shot when you where out you for got to say that your mate shot 3 not the 6 because there was someone that i know very very well shoot the other 3 foxes it was me youve not had the FAC long and so far you know all about scopes and gun :whistling:

W.D

If you are going to do any deer stalking then you want something you can turn down to 2.5 or 3x for low light at dawn and dusk, then for lamping you could do with it winding up to about 12x so go for a variable power scope.

The scopes you talk about along with the S/B would all do the job well enough.

both top scopes. i would go to a shop and look at both and see which one you like the best. but if it was me i would go for the Swarovski scope. only because ive used one and they are superb :thumbs:

well jamie g ive got to say its nice to see you not saying anthing about may mates got a Tikka t3 tactical 223, and the scope is a swarovski PVI-2 6-24X50 P HIGH GRID WITH TDS-4I RETICLE ive talk to david about this a few times and he just laught i remember you putting up a photo awhile back of 6 foxes you mate shot when you where out you for got to say that your mate shot 3 not the 6 because there was someone that i know very very well shoot the other 3 foxes it was me youve not had the FAC long and so far you know all about scopes and gun :whistling:

W.D

hi keith the picture i put up was one of 5 foxes that was shot. but it wasnt the night you shot 3 mate :D

and your right i havent had the fac long :no: but it doesnt mean i dont no about scopes keith. the guy asked which one would be the best to go for and i said which one i think is best. not just because dave has one. not many people would use the swarovski PVI-2 6-24X50 on a 243 for deer shooting. as i bet it would be to much mag. the reason i said the swarovski is my dads friend has a fixed mag one that i have shot with on his rimfire and its got a wide field of view which is perfect for deer shooting i bet.

how is the remington shooting by the way have you had any foxes this year with it.

Edited by jamie g

W.D

hi keith the picture i put up was one of 5 foxes that was shot. but it wasnt the night you shot 3 mate :D

and your right i havent had the fac long :no: but it doesnt mean i dont no about scopes keith. the guy asked which one would be the best to go for and i said which one i think is best. not just because dave has one. not many people would use the swarovski PVI-2 6-24X50 on a 243 for deer shooting. as i bet it would be to much mag. the reason i said the swarovski is my dads friend has a fixed mag one that i have shot with on his rimfire and its got a wide field of view which is perfect for deer shooting i bet.

how is the remington shooting by the way have you had any foxes this year with it.

OK JUST THOUGHT WE WERE GOIN TO HEAR ABOUT THE Tikka t3 tactical 223, and the scope is a swarovski PVI-2 6-24X50 P HIGH GRID WITH TDS-4I RETICLE THE PHOTO IS OF 5 foxes that was shot THEN IM SORRY PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE NOT YOUR MATE OR YOUR FATHER

W.D

OK JUST THOUGHT WE WERE GOIN TO HEAR ABOUT THE Tikka t3 tactical 223, and the scope is a swarovski PVI-2 6-24X50 P HIGH GRID WITH TDS-4I RETICLE THE PHOTO IS OF 5 foxes that was shot THEN IM SORRY PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE NOT YOUR MATE OR YOUR FATHER

well im only saying which scope i would go for ? like i have said. i have been out rabbiting with the rimfire with a fixed mag swaro scope on it. and that its a top scope. whats wrong with that ?

i have an 8x56 schmidt and it is a damn good scope swarovskis also are very good but they are a lot more expensive than the hungarian version of S&B i have used both and not really noticed that much difference i clarity.as for deer stalking side of it i am not really sure but with the 30 mm tube you should gather enough light in to be able to do dawn and dusk with ease .hope i have been of some help

the gut that said S&B, is on it. i have 2 and thinking of a 3rd. they are very good scopes. i have a 2.5-10 or 12 x 50. its mega. i have a fixed 8 x 50. you cant say a bad word about them.

on this point i am getting a new 243. balser r 93 or a finlight. i was going for another S&M but people have said that night force are great but the one i would get is a 3-15 x 50 nxs i think it is it could be 2.5 to 15. but at 1000 quid and made in Japan what is so good about them and do people think they are better than s&M

Nick

Any of the two scope's you mention would be on the money mate, As for fixed power........ i think this is ok for a stalking gun but not for a dual purpose rifle, You need a bit of mag for lamping old foxy, As for which mag settings to go for again it is up to you, but i can with ease manage deer no problem at 6.5 mag on the scope so its up to personal choice.

3.5x12, 4x24 etc i use the 6.5x20 for both fox and deer, with no problem's but that's just me.

Now as for the nightforce are they a good scope hell yeah, 100% tracking no problem built like a tank yes, good at dusk or dawn for stalking hell NO,

these scopes are very poor in low light, And so for that alone i wouldn't buy one....... plus they are overpriced

i wouldn't have a doctor optic either but that's just me, S&B, swarovski, zeiss, leupold, won't go wrong mate my two cent's :thumbs:

for attention of snapshot

i have to say mate i disagree with you about the nightforce .you said they are no good in low light /

well my friend ive got two and i find them very good ,i am sure john galloway will agree with me

i use mine on a 22.250 and believe me they do a grand job ,ive had a swarovski excellent glass

but they are all much a par ,and there is a shortage of these in my local gunshop as soon as they are in they are out

and for interest look on ebay and see the high second hand price these scopes fetch

but i suppose every one on here is due there opinion

regards t3

TIKKA T3

mate as i'm sure youread i don't want to split hairs here but I found the performance poor in low light levels with this scope, As friends of mine both had them, So i've noted and seen the difference personally, but as i said they are well built and bombproof but i still wouldn't buy one plus my two friends got rid of theirs so actions speak louder than words........

If your happy with it then that's good enough for me......... As i said i'm not wanting to split hairs here, just a personal opinion....... :thumbs:

sambo

i think it best you make your own mind up my friend and try and find some one with a nightforce so you can make up your own mind as at the end of the day its what you are happy with,

i take on board snap shots views and opinion on these scopes .however i would not change mine it

never looses zero and in my honest opinion great in low light ,i shoot foxes several nights a week

and money isnt really a problem ,it has a illuminated crosshair and side paralax and as snap shot says built like a tank.

true foxshooting scope

good t3 :big_boss::big_boss::big_boss:

Hi Sam

I have tried all sorts of scopes and currently own a top end Zeiss, Leupold and Schmidt & Bender (Hungarian) scope for my rifles.

I have found that with my Steyr 243 Tactical Scout, the S&B 8x56 is the best combination as i always seem to be "fiddling" with the others, if it's not the zoom, it's the parallax etc. And sod's law, just when you need to acquire a quick shot, it's usually on the wrong setting.

The S&B 8x56 is very very bright in low light, crystal clear and has no knobs other than the two turrets to twiddle so once the rifle is zeroed, you just shoot it and with a 243, thats what you want. I thought that 8x would not be enough but it really is.

I use the Zeiss 6.5-20 x 50 on my 17 HMR and optically thats very good too, but i am moving away from scopes that require "attention" every time you shoot. I tend to leave it on about 8-10x as most of my current shooting is done at night with a lamp and any higher setting is harder to acquire quickley.

Hope this helps!