What makes a good ferret pen for breeding

Need to build another pen for my ferrets but this one will mainly be used for my female ferret for when she is pregnant any ideas on size of sleeping box and flooring and overall size as I want it to be different and more practical to check up on the kits. I am awere a much smaller mesh on the cage so the kits don’t get stuck in it. Any ideas or photos would be great. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guss33
      summer has arrived with temperatures reaching up to 40 degrees and so this year I followed the advice that Sirbless on keeping them cool and it works a treat. Thanks for the great advice. 
    • By CaseyJack123
      I’ve got a 8 week old male ferret and I’m going to have him castrated, will he be allowed to be in my cage with my hob who’s intact. It’s a big cage and there’s a Jill in there too. If I can’t keep him in there will he be able to stay in there for a while until I get a new cage  
    • By CaseyJack123
      I put my gill with a hob on the 22 of March and she was with him for 7 days with swollen vagina, she’s in her own cage now and she’s hiding food and when I go to get it because I don’t want it to rot she bites my hand and fingers, her vulva has also shrunk and gone all wrinkly, sometimes she makes a small nest but then she just burrows under neath the paper I have in there. Is she pregnant?? It’s been 13 days since I put her with the hob 
    • By mrstinker
      I am unfortunately going to have to re home my girls. I have 3 pole jills 2 are related and one it unrelated all workers and from working stock. 
      I dont have the time to get them out working as offen as i should and in my opinion thats not fair on the little monsters.
      They will be going with a full set up il try to list everything but will miss bits.
      3 jills 
      10"x6"x4" run with large hutch
      Another backup hutch
      Bits for the cage bowls trays tubes ect
      Food
      Travel box
      Feild box
      Locator and collar
      Nets
      All to go dont want them to go without as theve got used to lots of space
      There all tame nip when hungry bless them but so do i haha
      Not asking for any money all i want is for them to go to a good home.
      Syiu will need a large van Or trailer to move all this. The cage does come apart into panels. But is all quite bulky.
      Iv attached a few pics sorry there abit ropey but phones knackered 
      Please only serious enquiries 
      We are in Eastleigh, Southampton 
      Message me for a contact number