Well had to be done now am not at work with this covid shite. Had a tone and half of hardcore dropped off this morning for flagging. " I have to say am glad am a roofer that towing a barrow about all day isn't for me " lol. Well I managed to finish the hardcore .  " A bedded it down with a 14 inch wacker plate now best parts guna have to wait till  tomorrow ?  Any suggestions on laying them would be appreciated. I'm thinking a bob on each end of flag  or dry bed them. Any suggestions guys. Here's  a pic of set up mind the dog ffs lol

20200526_170009.jpg

I put 5 big blobs under each slab just enough so when you bed slab they touch and I just run mine off a tiny bit and grouted them with a 3 2 1 mix they been down 8 years now and not moved my cozen did his on dry mix and they are all wobbly n moving 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

I put 5 big blobs under each slab just enough so when you bed slab they touch and I just run mine off a tiny bit and grouted them with a 3 2 1 mix they been down 8 years now and not moved my cozen did his on dry mix and they are all wobbly n moving 

That's what I got told with dry mix it needs to not be touch for at least a month and needs a proper good soak with hosepipe to get into all the areas under flags. Think am guna go with the one blob on each end and one in middle cheers ?

16 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

Laid five flags in 2 hours ffs got my 7 year old nephew over fence chatting shit lol. An a told the wife with being a roofer I'd need more than 3 bags of sand to lay 22 ft by 10 ft but she wouldn't listen more like a tone a said ??. Not 3 25kg bags am on my second bag 5 flags. She says there not level expert there ?. Good at giving orders women. Not they need to be like that we've got 3 f***ing dogs that piss like f**k so a need a run off 

20200527_121904.jpg

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Knock up a screeder from some 4/6 x 1...use it to level off your last slab, cut the timber 10 mm less than the thickness of your slabs... Speed it up abit for you?DSC_0818.JPG.3e527be4add243c04dfc688f9684508c.JPG

Al try that pal cheers will it work even tho am not putting a dry mix down to bed them on 

17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Did this one yesterday morning... DSC_0843.JPG.88d2434f71069da2f86b1d72f0632c95.JPG

Looks pukka that my lad is that Indian sand stone Danny. It's not coming up in top corner when folk have sent a comment on my posts strange. I only knew that you'd sent this comment through coming on the post. Does it do that to you sometimes. 

I had trouble using the 15lb maul hammer ??. A broke about 6 flags a can laugh now but at the time ?. I'd  got them looking cush but me being me thought a couple was just not right like you do. An these slabs aren't like the council ones ffs am laughing now. A starts to bray them like you would them big old council  lumps and broke them clean in half. Even tapping a few with that they couldn't stand it. So ad payed 30 bar for sumat a didn't need 

• Haha 1