Water vapour....

....is produced when you fire you gun of any type!

Here is a photo of a gun chamber fired in a clean state, on a dry warm day for 26 shots.

912868022_IMG_20200427_1828060152.jpg.bd9af4a8583e0908aa7e8f305d681aaa.jpg

The rust has only come from vapours of water released on combustion condensing on the cooler chamber wall!

Some treatment. Boiling water to dissolve any possible salts.

IMG_20200427_184439075.jpg.fa00c60ea3e791323b6d13d2eafac528.jpg

Wirewool mop and 600grit mop.

IMG_20200427_185107588.jpg.cc286e1f32c6e4e6fdd2e42bec726b5e.jpg

21 hours ago, Meece said:

Go on tell us ; was that a 20 bore and now it's a 10 bore.?  Well those Russians put plenty of steel in there.

No you narna. I'm shocked Meece. They are not bores but gauges tut tut!

It's a 12g and still a 12g. It is also an AYA so Spanish junk like my zabala Spanish junk.

That aside, I do have a weired thing for old Russians. An old USSR made sxs hammer gun keeps beckoning me down the local.

38 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

No you narna. I'm shocked Meece. They are not bores but gauges tut tut!

It's a 12g and still a 12g. It is also an AYA so Spanish junk like my zabala Spanish junk.

That aside, I do have a weired thing for old Russians. An old USSR made sxs hammer gun keeps beckoning me down the local.

My name is Meece and I  apologize for my conduct during the mistaken bore, gauge comment.  When I was a kid I  had a BSA snipe. !  Now that was like the quality  equivalent of a 12 Gauge sten.! I shot blooming well with it though and took some memorable shots with it.  I always fancied a cosmos but never got round to getting one.  my fro might throw a funny turn if I added more.  Every time they come round they tell me that I've got too many and that I am a gun nut.  I told them that it wouldn't matter because one would suffice.  Anyway if I didn't have any they wouldn't have a job.

Edited by Meece
5 minutes ago, Meece said:

My name is Meece and I  apologize for my conduct during the mistaken bore, gauge comment.  When I was a kid I  had a BSA snipe. !  Now that was like the quality  equivalent of a 12 Gauge sten.! I shot blooming well with it though and took some memorable shkts with it.  I always fancied a coscosmos ut never got one

You can have this one if you come and fetch it mate?

14 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

You can have this one if you come and fetch it mate?

That's very generous of you.?. Does it come with a covid killing bleach sprayer and a wet one soaked in youngs 303.? ????.  You may remember a picture I posted of the daughter shooting clays with the Beretta 20 that mother bought for me. That was situated in a dip near a lake on a warm humid summers day.  There is a long vapour trail from the muzzle when she fires.  I'll see if I can find and add the picture here.

DSCN2668mod.JPG

Edited by Meece