Low power fx wildcat

Can anybody recomend anybody who can tune my fx wildcat  mk2 I brought it in February I could send it back but I want it done right, I Cronograph it today and it is a bit low on power, Bisley magnums average 10.06 flb = 653.8 fps 10.65gr. Jsb 10.79 flb = 761fps 8.44gr cheers. Staffordshire area

Pretty sure your problem will be the brass locking plate at the rear of the action!

behind that plate is the hammer adjuster and if the blanking plate/ anti tamper is not butted up tight to it it will back out and lose power/ spring tension...

take gun out of the action remove plate.. it’s easy, turn the hammer adjust clockwise till the power returns to just below 12ftlb then tighten the plate back up till it locks against the adjuster and the power will stay true!

this is an adjuster that someone has made but you will get the principal of what I’m getting at?
72D26137-1E6D-4905-82D8-F7A87D7E0C03.jpeg.22c859369011c135b7052a3387c6765b.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, airbourne said:

Hi si watch a lot of you vids on YouTube brill ?,  the brass locking plate is solid and will not move ? Don't want to risk stripping the head 

Haha... not that si :) 

that back plate is only a few mm thick and all the ones I’ve sorted came out without having to resort to the blow torch, big board screwdriver and a couple of taps should free it? It’ll be a little bit of thread-lock... if you don’t fancy doing it wait till the shops are back open but I wouldn’t bother with a tune on a mk2

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

All sorted bisley magnums 10.65gr = 11.3  flb. Jsb exact 8.44gr = 11.8 flb  Qys 9.56gr = 11.5 flb really pleased with the Qys pellets smooth loading group really well and very clean, skirts are smooth with no rough edges 

• Like 1
On 27/04/2020 at 07:45, si brown said:

Haha... not that si :) 

that back plate is only a few mm thick and all the ones I’ve sorted came out without having to resort to the blow torch, big board screwdriver and a couple of taps should free it? It’ll be a little bit of thread-lock... if you don’t fancy doing it wait till the shops are back open but I wouldn’t bother with a tune on a mk2

If it had been crime watch you were watching this Si might have been on that 

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, villaman said:

Yep impressed myself with Qys pellets 

very accurate indeed , will be testing these more over the coming days with HW 100k and BSA ultra 

They work well in my ultra Mitch , tried them the other day when it was windy as the express were getting blown off corse but even though these stack at 40yard there was no difference in wind drift  between the two!

• Like 1