who is buying stolen terriers

My mate had his 2 terriers stolen 29-11-07. I bred the patterdale dog, so its come close to home and has made me think. We all know each other through friends of friends, people attend shows, hunts, dig with friends, chat on phones and on these sites.So why are these stolen dogs not being found? These dogs may be used for breeding so when you look at pups ask to sire and dam, they may be one of these dogs.....

Edited by smelly dog

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mate had his 2 terriers stolen 29-11-07. I bred the patterdale dog, so its come close to home and has made me think. We all know each other through friends of friends, people attend shows, hunts, dig with friends, chat on phones and on these sites.So why are these stolen dogs not being found? My mate has not got any good photos of his dogs so here is the brother an sister to the missing patterdale bronze dog.

theres some one out there that must know something of where abouts these dogs are going hope he finds them mate :hmm:

My mate had his 2 terriers stolen 29-11-07. I bred the patterdale dog, so its come close to home and has made me think. We all know each other through friends of friends, people attend shows, hunts, dig with friends, chat on phones and on these sites.So why are these stolen dogs not being found? My mate has not got any good photos of his dogs so here is the brother an sister to the missing patterdale bronze dog.

To be honest mate I think your not far from the truth...Ive been thinking about this since I joined the site and noticed that there were quite a few dogs being stolen. This is my theory (for what its worth)...I truley believe that the people who nick dogs, have some connection or have had some connection with the person they have stolen off in the past, or have a connection through a third party who knows the person they are going to steal from or have stolen from. If you sit back and think about it for a minute, first of all they must know that the dogs are from a working line (gives a reason for stealing the dogs in first place) , and secondly must know where the dogs are being kept!?? These two points make me think that the people who are stealing, truly do have some sort of connection to the victim!!??

I must say that there a 100% genuine people out there who would not even think of doing this, and you could probably trust them with your kids, never mind your dogs!! But there are people out there who dont give a damn about the people they are stealing off!!

This is only my theory, and may be a million miles off.... but with a bit of logical thinking.....it makes some sense!!

To be honest mate I think your not far from the truth...Ive been thinking about this since I joined the site and noticed that there were quite a few dogs being stolen. This is my theory (for what its worth)...I truley believe that the people who nick dogs, have some connection or have had some connection with the person they have stolen off in the past, or have a connection through a third party who knows the person they are going to steal from or have stolen from. If you sit back and think about it for a minute, first of all they must know that the dogs are from a working line (gives a reason for stealing the dogs in first place) , and secondly must know where the dogs are being kept!?? These two points make me think that the people who are stealing, truly do have some sort of connection to the victim!!??

I must say that there a 100% genuine people out there who would not even think of doing this, and you could probably trust them with your kids, never mind your dogs!! But there are people out there who dont give a damn about the people they are stealing off!!

had my dogs pinched recently and i believe that your a 100% right with what you,ve just said the people that nicked my dogs have seen them run and told a cousin from a deferent camp site or area where i live how to get behind my house il even go as far as to say they had some one that lives near me watching because my old red dog is usely kept in doors but i put him out that day and when i put him and the bitch up in the shed i went in doors had a cup of tea got my hunting gear on and grabed me lamp 30mins max come back out and they had the padlock of and dogs away with out maken a noise so i reckon they new the dogs wel enough i was offered 500 pounds for the red dog of traverlers from southamton that seen him run on the lamp and knock 3 out of 3 hares so i think my dogs or down that way but one of there cousins in from have showed them where i live where i keep my dogs but like you said we all know one another through some one or another show the stolen dogs should show up some way or another thats if every one was honest enough and man enough to say somthing but then it comes down to maybe grassing a mate in thats bought the dog of a dog dealer thats bought the dog of a thiefing scum bag so whats the chances of getting your dogs back unless there chipped or tattoed dog lost uk seems to give you alot of help well enough said mate good luck in getting your pattys back il keep an eye out but if everyone worked together on this site im sure that a higher percentage of dogs would end up back where they belong think about it you,ve all got dogs how long would it take you to replace your dog and the work time and money you have put in to getting it how you want it to work :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

This is only my theory, and may be a million miles off.... but with a bit of logical thinking.....it makes some sense!!

I reckon most of the time its inside info behind it,they know exactly what there pinching, know the circles you keep, so know where not to tout the dogs,maybe even stick them out the way breed the f88k out of them if they know whats in them.

ive always shared the opinion of others that its not a bright idea to micro chip and tattoo terriers but thats just what im doing with all mine in the next week or so..

its not a garentee i know but if they all get nicked and one turns up further down the line you have a lead or something to go on.

Foxtrot,i think you are right in your theory,most people that steal dogs weather they be lurchers or terriers know who their victim is,and when they steal of you they either had a buyer for them or they intend to breed of them,i had a friend years ago who had a lurcher that was stolen on him,he looked everywhere but nothing,put up flyers,adds in the papers but nothing,then about a year later just by chance we came across it at a game fair,and while i was talking to the chap that had bought it we found out to our surprise who was the seller was,and who was it only someone we trusted and hunted with for years,we did get his dog back and we made sure that this guy would never take a dog again,got the word sent out what he was and what he did,he ended up moving from the area and never to return.

so what i am saying to you lads and ladies when you think your dogs are stolen,maybe you all should all look closer to home,i have heard of travellers taken dogs from the UK and bringing them over to Ireland to sell them here,

alot of dogs are being nicked in the southwest then a week or so you get a note delivered offering your dog back for some strong money a lurcher made £700 not many weeks ago 2 x terriers £500 acorrdin to the local rag . b*****ds need a bullet no payin

Guest sparky

Had two terriers stolen myself in March 2005 a black patterdale bitch 18 month old and a Jack Russell dog. Whoever stole them knew the terriers as the other kennels with dogs in were untouched.

Guest ripstop
Any time i ever heard of dogs stolen down this way its always either travlers yards they end up in and some have the balls to get them back but some dont and anyone elses thats steals a working dog is nearly always to order! :censored:

Its a differnt story with my own dogs tho there as safe as houses as iv a st schnauzer walking round the place 24/7 and hes a bark that makes ya jump every time and never realy bein tested only by young fellas trying to get into the garden from the house behind and he goes crazy and will attack if left unattened by us! :gunsmilie:

DO YOU THINK MAYBE WHEN POSTING ON SITES, EVEN AN INNOCENT PICTURE OR A DAY OUT THEN PEOPLE COULD HACK INTO AND FIND OUT WHERE THE DOGS ARE, BREEDING ETC, JUST A THOUGHT, AS NOBODY APART FROM 2 LADS KNOWS WHAT I HAVE KEPT, AND ONE OF THEM CAME UP IN THE FREE ADS PAPER, AND NOBODY ELSE HAS GOT A DOG TO THAT DESCRIPTION AND AGE IN MY TOWN, ITS RARE (COLOURING AND CROSS)PUT IT THAT WAY, I DID PUT IT UP ON A COUPLE OF SITES, BUT THE AGE IS SPOT ON AS WELL, I KNOW IT WASNT MY MATES , THEY ARENT LIKE THAT, IVE KNOWN THEM FOR 20 PLUS YEARS, JUST A THOUGHT AS THIS IS HAPPENING ALL OVER THE COUNTRY :hmm:

Guest ripstop
Ripstop i dont know if thats possible the only way i can see likly is people looking into it very hard and sepending alot of time as you see the usuals on the site posting pics of there dogs then selling say somthing even a small as a collar or maybe even a pup then the world gets your area you live in !

All in all that ye hate the show people i remember a few years back a women well into showing her dogs was saying theres war about on the back of show catalogs (there whats handed to you the day of the show so you can see what breeds in what ring and whos judging and whos showing). All it takes is a flick to the back page and you have the breeds where it shows whos showing what who owns what and THERE FU*KING ADDRESS and i mean there full address this is no joke fu*king crazy so what fellas where doing was seeing the dogs at the show geting there owners address and robing the dog supposidly a fella who showed shetland sheepdogs was supposed to have bein cleaned out all his kennels emptyed! :censored:

so its not just us working dog men who ar bein hit by the robing cun*s

LIKE I SAID, ITS ONLY A THEORY, BUT THE SHOW ONE IS VERY REALISTIC. I DONT ATTEND SHOWS FOR THAT ONE REASON, IF I WENT I WOULDNT TAKE ALL MY DOGS, SO LEAVING SOME UNATTENDED IF NO ONE ELSE WAS AROUND, I HAVE BEEN ASKED ON THESE FORUMS IF I WAS HEADING DOWN TO THIS SHOW, OR GOING UP TO THAT ONE, EVEN BY PEOPLE WHEN JUST WALKING THE DOGS, IT MAKES YOU WONDER. IM EVEN SLEEPING DOWN STAIRS CAUSE A FEW DOGS HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN MY SMALL TOWN, f*****g PISSING ME OFF

Yes Terrier Man you have the right set up there,and there is nothing like having a big dog running your yard,and if someone does try to get in,well you dont have to feed the schnauzer for a week,with me i dont sell pups so i dont have anyone calling and when i do breed then most of the pups go to friends of mine,there is nothing worse than trying to sell pups and some fools come looking at the pups and most would nt know a lurcher if it run into them or the guy that does not want a pup but has a good terrier that wont go to ground but a great worker above ground and he is will to do a straight swap for one of your pups,so lads i gave up on that years ago,and if someone wants to venture into my back garden for a dog i have spent time getting ready for something i enjoy and hopefully the dog will aswell,be my guest,because if rocky dont get you BRNO WILL :hunter: :hunter:

Edited by bullx
Guest ripstop
Ripstop i dont know if thats possible the only way i can see likly is people looking into it very hard and sepending alot of time as you see the usuals on the site posting pics of there dogs then selling say somthing even a small as a collar or maybe even a pup then the world gets your area you live in !

All in all that ye hate the show people i remember a few years back a women well into showing her dogs was saying theres war about on the back of show catalogs (there whats handed to you the day of the show so you can see what breeds in what ring and whos judging and whos showing). All it takes is a flick to the back page and you have the breeds where it shows whos showing what who owns what and THERE FU*KING ADDRESS and i mean there full address this is no joke fu*king crazy so what fellas where doing was seeing the dogs at the show geting there owners address and robing the dog supposidly a fella who showed shetland sheepdogs was supposed to have bein cleaned out all his kennels emptyed! :censored:

so its not just us working dog men who ar bein hit by the robing cun*s

LIKE I SAID, ITS ONLY A THEORY, BUT THE SHOW ONE IS VERY REALISTIC. I DONT ATTEND SHOWS FOR THAT ONE REASON, IF I WENT I WOULDNT TAKE ALL MY DOGS, SO LEAVING SOME UNATTENDED IF NO ONE ELSE WAS AROUND, I HAVE BEEN ASKED ON THESE FORUMS IF I WAS HEADING DOWN TO THIS SHOW, OR GOING UP TO THAT ONE, EVEN BY PEOPLE WHEN JUST WALKING THE DOGS, IT MAKES YOU WONDER. IM EVEN SLEEPING DOWN STAIRS CAUSE A FEW DOGS HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN MY SMALL TOWN, f*****g PISSING ME OFF

easy fix bud get yourself a fully trained rottie or doberman and when you have friends call over put him away so even if its a thorugh theory about friends robing dogs then even the gaurd dog will still attack on entry fu*k that you cant keep that up it will be the end of your dogs if ya do that some day youl wake up with a pain in your back from sleepin on the coach and say fu*k that and the dogs will get the road!

or just buy yourself a shotgun and put up a sign "trespassers will be shot, survivers will be shot again" :big_boss:

ONLY FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR SO THEN SOMETHING WILL BE SORTED :thumbs: