11 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

You can't be very good at it then.......

I,m not mate, been a plasterer most of my working life mostly renovation type work, and wet walls with live electrics mean lots of zaps, also if you do undertake a lot of live electrical repairs the law of averages says you get a few wallops, but still here ?

Greyman, we call it a belt not a zap :-).  I know where you're coming from. Had many a 240V belts and close shaves with 415V and 11,000V but still alive. No need to take the risk these days though. We have safe working practices and risk assessments. People can do whatever they want in their own houses, but the "industry" has moved on. 

H & S gone mad maybe but part of my job, a part that I take very seriously, is to educate young lads and try and prevent the mistakes that we made through lack of proper training.  Asbestos awareness? How many do you know who just reached retirement age and got f****d by it? Another thing that I try and educate the young lads about.

My apologies for ranting but unless sent to war no man should be risking his life doing his job. If he is, then the pay should reflect the risk taken.

Edited by eastcoast