Interesting adaptation

Interesting concept GM.

Though, please excuse my naivity in this subject matter but if used on live quarry, wouldn't there be a good chance of wounding and fecking off with that dart stuck in it?

As someone who, as a daft kid, used a re-curve bow on pheasants, duck and rabbits, i came to realise that light, pointy stuff dont work (and can get you in heaps of trouble!)

Its the flat, heavy blow that knocks critters over.

But as said, i have little expierence with a catty. ?

I would only use it for targets as any kind of hunting would be well illegal but, if it were legal I’d be pretty confident of dropping a few squirrels with it though wether the effort of making the darts would be worth the rewards over ball bearings or nuts is doubtful, might just make one to play in the garden ??

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

small and large game would certainly bleed out if hit correctly with one of those. I personally wouldn’t use one , I’d rather use a full length arrow.

The orientals use a very similar set up to shoot fish, think it would be useful in a survival situation or as a bit of fun in the garden but can’t see it ever being my everyday carry ?

• Like 1