Lanner falcons for hunting

RIP.JD

I currently fly accipiters, but interested in getting a falcon, the lanner has caught my attention. However there seems very little about them being used for hunting. The research I have done suggests they catch birds in pursuit rather than a stoop. The pursuit falcon of choice seems to be the Aplomado, is there a reason why lanners aren’t used. 
Any help welcome..

Regards

22 hours ago, RIP.JD said:

I currently fly accipiters, but interested in getting a falcon, the lanner has caught my attention. However there seems very little about them being used for hunting. The research I have done suggests they catch birds in pursuit rather than a stoop. The pursuit falcon of choice seems to be the Aplomado, is there a reason why lanners aren’t used. 
Any help welcome..

Regards

Most people I no or herd of who fly lanners uses them for displays or lure birds , I no a lad who flys an  aplomado female and while she’s a nice gutsy bird she’s more of a small bird falcon , if you going for gulls crows ,rooks etc I’d go for gyr x saker or Pere x saker ,or gyr pere saker ,,moorman off here flys one and it’s a killing machine , one his friends breeds them and for a very good price ,