.22 WEBLEY AXSOR THREADED MUZZLE. TOO SMALL.

Gentlemen hi.

Not a major problem but, the threaded female muzzle of my Webley Axsor is fractionally smaller than the usual half inch UNF. So fitting a female-fit moderator with a standard fit half-inch male-to-male adaptor is not possible....

My Webley FX2000 .22 has a standard fit Male threaded muzzle so, takes any current female moderator without a problem. But this is not so with their Axsor!

So my question is..

How did any of you  Webley Axsor owners address this?

Is there a Male to Male adaptor made to address this? Did Webley or RWS produce a purpose-made silencer/mod. I should be looking for?

Could Si Brown make me one to fit my rifle? 

I can happily shoot the rifle without one. She makes a beautiful carbine to be honest.  But if I can get a mod on it and hush her blast, so much the better. 

I am as always, grateful for your answers lads. Thanks.

All the best.

Simon.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pianoman said:

Gentlemen hi.

Not a major problem but, the threaded female muzzle of my Webley Axsor is fractionally smaller than the usual half inch UNF. So fitting a female-fit moderator with a standard fit half-inch male-to-male adaptor is not possible....

My Webley FX2000 .22 has a standard fit Male threaded muzzle so, takes any current female moderator without a problem. But this is not so with their Axsor!

So my question is..

How did any of you  Webley Axsor owners address this?

Is there a Male to Male adaptor made to address this? Did Webley or RWS produce a purpose-made silencer/mod. I should be looking for?

Could Si Brown make me one to fit my rifle? 

I can happily shoot the rifle without one. She makes a beautiful carbine to be honest.  But if I can get a mod on it and hush her blast, so much the better. 

I am as always, grateful for your answers lads. Thanks.

All the best.

Simon.

you have a pm Simon

• Like 1

Thanks so much Si.

I have put a bid on the adaptor in the first link you sent. I've also found an identical one on Amazon  If you look you can see the differences between the threaded screwheads on either side of the knurled ring. so, one of them is bound to fit or I have a usable spare. So looks like this will sort the problem. One way or another.

The second I am less sure of. It looks more like a muzzle brake. If the half inch thread is to fit into the Axsor barrel muzzle, it won't fit. 

Thanks for your help here mate. Really appreciate it. I will be in touch about ordering a dedicated silencer from you Si. The rifle deserves something special. 

Simon

• Like 1

If all else fails Simon, give Wildcat a call as I believe they will produce a connection unit for one of their mods and your barrel.  I have just been in touch with them and have to say they are most helpful. I am fitting one on my new .22 magnum (wmr) also because you can strip them down and clean them in a washer.

https://www.wildcatmoderators.co.uk/

Phil

• Like 1