• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, villaman said:

The groups aren’t that good . At 50 -75 yards I am getting slugs with in 5 pence coin and at 121 yards about 25-28 mm

To be honest Mitch, I think his results are pretty poor taking into account the many results I have seen on 101 and youtube. Perhaps it is down to Matt and I am not being unkind but if you aint good enough, you aint good enough and I am happy to put myself in that group because I have not tried to put together a group at 100yds.  Yes I have shot rabbits out to that and a bit further BUT never tried to produce a group and never tried slugs.

I confess that I thought he would have got better results but his name is not VILLAMAN  ?

Phil

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, philpot said:

To be honest Mitch, I think his results are pretty poor taking into account the many results I have seen on 101 and youtube. Perhaps it is down to Matt and I am not being unkind but if you aint good enough, you aint good enough and I am happy to put myself in that group because I have not tried to put together a group at 100yds.  Yes I have shot rabbits out to that and a bit further BUT never tried to produce a group and never tried slugs.

I confess that I thought he would have got better results but his name is not VILLAMAN  ?

Phil

Phil , I spend more time practicing at targets  , trying new pellets or now slugs than  actually hunting  . If I shoot 1000 pellets only About 50 if that gets used for hunting . I enjoy seeing what the gun is capable of , more important, what I am capable of  :thumbs:

Phil , I have shot 750 rounds through my HMR but not one on vermin 

• Like 3

I agree Mitch, in fact my pal and I have just set up an 81mt range out of the wind in our quarry perm and hoping to extend it to 100mts in time but need to do a bit more work to get there. 

I love practicing and pellet testing and the new range will give us scope for the rimfire and centre fire as well but holding judgement on centrefire as neither of us have got our variation tickets back and therefore not bought the .223 rifles yet. Looking hard though.

Phil

• Like 1
23 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil , I spend more time practicing at targets  , trying new pellets or now slugs than  actually hunting  . If I shoot 1000 pellets only About 50 if that gets used for hunting . I enjoy seeing what the gun is capable of , more important, what I am capable of  :thumbs:

Phil , I have shot 750 rounds through my HMR but not one on vermin 

I think plenty of practice is vital for anyone who shoots live quarry.