Little video on cage trapping mink

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Keep vids coming? might dig me traps out an give em once over, I got some cracking spots near work but not saw any about there, but that just makes it more interesting ?

I've seen one on this particular river about five years ago, and I've trapped a lot on it over the years. Means nothing lad. There will be mink on any river unless it's heavily trapped. Stick down a couple of traps especially if your passing the river every day?

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s no a big river but it does hold fish an further downstream a lot of em. I’m up neared the start of it tho but it’s prime land with some nice wee pools along it an even a couple lil ponds that hold the odd fish from when the river floods in to them. An Over the hill in next dale is a bigger river with w decent head a fish including salmon. So nice healthy systems mate. They will be there, il bet on it even tho not seen any?

I've had plenty in little drains, with no fish apart from stickleback and minnow in them. Lots of frogs, waterhen and rats that they'll feed on too.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Nice video, do you do anything with the pelt?

I've made a couple if wall hangers a couple of years back. Wish i had more spare time on my hands. Love to try make something out of pelts. Lots of stuff on YouTube showing how to make hats etc

• Like 1