I never really looked into why but read somewhere you should not use rechargeable s in them which I did find strange when you can use a car battery and solar panel, I leave mine out for months and find the results get better the longer you don’t touch them so having to change them every few weeks wouldn’t really work for me but if they were in your yard or local would be ideal, cheers ?

I have recently bought one of those recommended by  Greyman - £41 plus delivery. It is on the whole well made, but i haven't had chance to give it much use yet, just a few nights checking the garden for activity. I noticed that the bait inside  my rat cage trap had disappeared last night ? so I have the trail-cam set up to monitor it. Then I'm after the human trap thief who is sneaking into one of my customer's garden.

I'm using some old 2000/ 2100 re-chargables that haven't been charged or used for years. So far they have held up in three night's usage.

The re-chargeable batteries are still holding up. I thought that I had caught the bait thief........

894264269_MulotatRatCage.JPG.6c8187fe20577fe584d2b5fc7a620179.JPG

A mulot. Last night I put a smaller trap out and caught it. But after watching the recordings it seems like there were two visitors........

1583086628_Ratontrapbox.JPG.7167dc14f1056229cb57c2584cc3f9fe.JPG

I got a rat running about all over the traps. This is next to my garage door that leads into the basement. I know from bitter experience that these barstewards can get through the slight gap between the door and wall and in that part of the basement are four large plastic boxes with fishing bait and bird seed in them. There is no footage of it going into the cage trap so I've swapped the live catch cage for a home made Mk. IV Welcome Pack.

Fingers crossed.

Got to say that I am impressed with the trail-cam that Greyman recommended.

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

The re-chargeable batteries are still holding up. I thought that I had caught the bait thief........

894264269_MulotatRatCage.JPG.6c8187fe20577fe584d2b5fc7a620179.JPG

A mulot. Last night I put a smaller trap out and caught it. But after watching the recordings it seems like there were two visitors........

1583086628_Ratontrapbox.JPG.7167dc14f1056229cb57c2584cc3f9fe.JPG

I got a rat running about all over the traps. This is next to my garage door that leads into the basement. I know from bitter experience that these barstewards can get through the slight gap between the door and wall and in that part of the basement are four large plastic boxes with fishing bait and bird seed in them. There is no footage of it going into the cage trap so I've swapped the live catch cage for a home made Mk. IV Welcome Pack.

Fingers crossed.

MkIV welcome pack, lol?

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 01/12/2019 at 18:43, Nicepix said:

Fingers crossed.

How far from the trap was the camera ?