KC Lakelands

I have a question. Were Mr. George Newcombe's Lakeland terriers KC registered?

Something that always puzzled me.

I know (did know the man though)  that he persevered as long as possible with his KC Bedlingtons  before outcrossing but anyone know about the Lakelands?

Yes Eastcoast his lakelands were kc reg under the same prefix as the bedlingtons Rillington.i know in the 50s he bought in a lakeland pup from Willie Irving Cumbria. His half cross dog Norman was rilllington bedlington x rillington lakeland. Later on he  bought in a fell pup from j cowans lines and used her in his outcrossing project.

Edited by darbo
  • Thanks 1
On 30/08/2019 at 20:54, eastcoast said:

I have a question. Were Mr. George Newcombe's Lakeland terriers KC registered?

Something that always puzzled me.

I know (did know the man though)  that he persevered as long as possible with his KC Bedlingtons  before outcrossing but anyone know about the Lakelands?

At the time George had his Lakeys the KC was hell bent on the destruction of working ethics if it got in the way of type typical beauty.George attempted to steer his beloved Reddy back to work,rather than ribbon,he was lucky enough to be among the Lakeys before the dollar and ribbon ruined the breed,many a year after they fecked the Beddy.His main concern was the Beddy as the lakeys were still strong at the time,as grafters.The original KC terriers were every bit as good as their working roots,as the decades passed they  grew prettier,fluffier and more fecking useless to suit the KC lap dog feckwits .Look at the Lakeys now,look at the Beddy,s now,if KC is in their paperwork they are a working cull.

• Like 1