Arm Wrestling (info )

5 hours ago, bird said:

what do you think   Larry wheels   Gnash  ? , he ex bodybuilder , he strong bloke  for  6ft 1in   285lb , he benched  610lb  , and incline 520lb , 810 squat, 855lb dead lift  . he not bad at arm wrestling , he tried  to pull  Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson  6ft 9in  400lb (strongman)   ,  he did ok, but the big lad  pull him down both hands . i wonder if  had Technic  and maybe bit more power he beat him, just curious  mate.    you getting ready this weekend  for the footie ?  we   wolves  got Leicester  sunday   , looking for 3 points  with bit of luck .! 

I know nothing about him mate the strongman stuff isnt really my thing,its a very different kind of strength to what interests me.

This is how easy a top arm wrestler can deal with some of the worlds strongest men like Bjornsson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkL-bAH8H4

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the referees do their job the kings move is as legitimate as anything else......newcomers to arm wrestling always view it as just stretching your arm out to put the brakes on,the big mistake new la

There you go you are answering your own questions about the kings move.....you had deep bone pain just from mere side pressure,think of the pain you would be in after the complete hyperextension it ta

Yeah that's the Ukrainian Oleg Zhokh, he wasn't actually born like that as far as I know. I think his arm is that size because of his strength training regime. 

12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I know nothing about him mate the strongman stuff isnt really my thing,its a very different kind of strength to what interests me.

This is how easy a top arm wrestler can deal with some of the worlds strongest men like Bjornsson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkL-bAH8H4

Is that shoulder under the table technique legal. Devon didn't have a problem with it when he got beat? Everyone else seems to think it's illegal. Maybe they just don't know the sport.

43 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The rankings are there for a reason mate Denis hasnt pulled in the biggest events......why should the kings move be banned it doesnt break any rules and actually takes an extremely high level of technical ability,knowledge and strength......regarding the loss to Denis...Devon has said since that he has beaten many guys who are 20% stronger than he is with pure technique alone,but that Denis was probably 30/35% stronger than him and it was too much to overcome.....he also said that to beat Denis he needs to get stronger,but as much as he loves the sport is not willing to die for it !....basically implying he is not willing to take the huge amounts of juice that Denis does.

Do you/have you competed Jobi ?

Yeah Denis is not in the rankings because he's out of the sport and could be for a long time if not for ever. Like I said he's beat the world's best with ease and was unbeaten on his left arm. 

No never competed, just find it interesting and Lavatt is a real character. I'm not too bad at it like but that's just strength, no expert technique whatsoever but you learn some watching the vids and listening to tips. 

18 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Is that shoulder under the table technique legal. Devon didn't have a problem with it when he got beat? Everyone else seems to think it's illegal. Maybe they just don't know the sport.

No it's not illegal but it is pathetic, basically you are locking your arm out which makes it virtually impossible to pin. Lavatt recently did it in his last match but it's a case of if you can't beat em join em. Todd beat Lavatt using the same method, hide under the table until your opponent is exhausted and then go for the pin. 

18 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Its a very basic top roll,peeling through the hand of your opponent.....Believe it or not Devon is being very careful not to hurt Bjornsson in this clip.....its very easy for the big powerful guys who dont know arm wrestling to get hurt going against proper arm wrestlers.

8 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Yeah Denis is not in the rankings because he's out of the sport and could be for a long time if not for ever. Like I said he's beat the world's best with ease and was unbeaten on his left arm. 

You keep saying that mate but he hasnt beaten the 3 top left handers in the world ?......and he is in the rankings.

4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its a very basic top roll,peeling through the hand of your opponent.....Believe it or not Devon is being very careful not to hurt Bjornsson in this clip.....its very easy for the big powerful guys who dont know arm wrestling to get hurt going against proper arm wrestlers.

Not bjornson I meant the other guy that beat him. Michael Todd. I just seen it by chance on utube earlier. He was dropping his shoulder below table. Is it illegal or new technique 

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You keep saying that mate but he hasnt beaten the 3 top left handers in the world ?......and he is in the rankings.

He's unbeaten with his left and beat the men who beat the men, he's currently out of the sport and really shouldn't be in the rankings as it looks like he may never be back. I've seen that Levan and Denis would have destroyed him, Levan just got beat in a practice match I believe. Look at all opinions of him, Larratt and Todd both state Denis is by far the most powerful man they have pulled. 

9 minutes ago, Jobi said:

No it's not illegal but it is pathetic, basically you are locking your arm out which makes it virtually impossible to pin. Lavatt recently did it in his last match but it's a case of if you can't beat em join em. Todd beat Lavatt using the same method, hide under the table until your opponent is exhausted and then go for the pin. 

You are talking about the Kings move Jobi.....Jiggy is asking about the clip above which is just a very basic top roll.

I dont mean to sound like a dick mate but the Kings move is not just " basically locking your arm out " ?.......nobody has ever won an arm wrestling match with their arm locked out ?

It is a highly technical move using full range of the supinators...anything other than a very experienced well versed puller under enough torque would blow their elbow tendons out .....Larratt is one of the few athletes who can pull equally well inside as outside and to do that it takes a remarkably well balanced arm.

14 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Not bjornson I meant the other guy that beat him. Michael Todd. I just seen it by chance on utube earlier. He was dropping his shoulder below table. Is it illegal or new technique 

I know what you meant mate,its just a basic top roll.....and yes by all means legal.

There are lots of variations of top roll but they all involve hand control ( outside arm wrestling )

There are also lots of variation of hook which involves going bicep to bicep ( inside arm wrestling )

Theres a lot more going on than there looks.

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You are talking about the Kings move Jobi.....Jiggy is asking about the clip above which is just a very basic top roll.

I dont mean to sound like a dick mate but the Kings move is not just " basically locking your arm out " ?.......nobody has ever won an arm wrestling match with their arm locked out ?

It is a highly technical move using full range of the supinators...anything other than a very experienced well versed puller under enough torque would blow their elbow tendons out .....Larratt is one of the few athletes who can pull equally well inside as outside and to do that it takes a remarkably well balanced arm.

The move is fully defensive and nobody will win a match with it, all it does his draws every last bit of energy out of your opponent where you get in to a position that is very hard to beat. John Brzenk hates it and has called for it to be banned, it does nothing for the sport IMO. Just imagine when Larratt and Todd have another pull, both will be diving under the table as quick as possible. 

If you watch Todd's matches whilst using the move he is constantly fouling, for starters he has his forearm on the pad when it should be elbow only. To me if your arm is straightened out then that's a pin. 

Edited by Jobi
17 minutes ago, Jobi said:

He's unbeaten with his left and beat the men who beat the men, he's currently out of the sport and really shouldn't be in the rankings as it looks like he may never be back. I've seen that Levan and Denis would have destroyed him, Levan just got beat in a practice match I believe. Look at all opinions of him, Larratt and Todd both state Denis is by far the most powerful man they have pulled. 

Daniel Dubois is unbeaten....does that make him the heavyweight champion of the world ....without beating the top guys ?

He has never beaten the top 3 left handed and although has beaten the likes of Larratt,Todd,Brzenk on the right hand....has also lost to them on the right hand as well.

You keep referring to power......yes he probably is the most powerful....but power is only one facet of pulling.

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I know what you meant mate,its just a basic top roll.....and yes by all means legal.

There are lots of variations of top roll but they all involve hand control ( outside arm wrestling )

There are also lots of variation of hook which involves going bicep to bicep ( inside arm wrestling )

Theres a lot more going on than there looks.

Yeah I was thinking that. I was only watching by chance and all the comments said illegal so I was wondering why ref never stopped it. People commenting on stuff they don't know about. So what is illegal shoulder below table? It gets confusing.

4 minutes ago, Jobi said:

The move is fully defensive and nobody will win a match with it, all it does his draws every last bit of energy out of your opponent where you get in to a position that is very hard to beat. John Brzenk hates it and has called for it to be banned, it does nothing for the sport IMO. Just imagine when Larratt and Todd have another pull, both will be diving under the table as quick as possible. 

So you have never seen Michael Todd win with a kings move ?......did you not see what happened when Dave Chaffee and Devon Larratt both went for the kings move last month ?

John Brzenk is my hero but the sport is evolving he came from a time when an average round lasted less than 10 seconds.....the endurance guys like Todd,Larratt love it.

Todd and Jerry Cadorette had a round that lasted 7 minutes in Wal last year......which i think is great as it brings the whole mental battle of competition into play.

11 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Yeah I was thinking that. I was only watching by chance and all the comments said illegal so I was wondering why ref never stopped it. People commenting on stuff they don't know about. So what is illegal shoulder below table? It gets confusing.

The actual rule is that a competitor cannot drop their shoulder below the elbow pad from a neutral or losing position.

The biggest confusion and debate is in the grip.....everybody wants an edge so there is literally battles for millimetres....even a referees grip is rarely fair.

Edited by gnasher16