Norma 22 and CCI.

Bought some ammo to test today in the Marlin.

IMG_20190803_193036.jpg.237e053c71ffdbb7f15fbac74ad69bad.jpg

The CCI subsonic rocks! At 100 yards it was flicking pebbles with regularity and perfect functioning.

The Norma sub sonic was trash! Having an RWS head stamp I was shocked.

Velocity variation was revealed in 6" up and down height difference at 100yds!

Fail to ejects and jams galore!

It was fun and I will get some more of the CCI asap!

• Like 1

I do love the sub cci's I must admit, I used the HV round, but if I want to make a crack I get the mouse gun out.

Can't beat a .22lr sub for all round work, quiet and effective, cheap and just a bloody good round ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

It’s a good few years since I’ve bought any cci hp subs, not sure why as I always found them to be accurate, hard hitting and well priced. I used to like the old copper washed cci subs as well. Couldn’t get on with the segmenting subs though, they weren’t accurate for me. Good concept though, just a pity I couldn’t get them to connect very often?. Looks like I might be giving the Norma’s a swerve too.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

It’s a good few years since I’ve bought any cci hp subs, not sure why as I always found them to be accurate, hard hitting and well priced. I used to like the old copper washed cci subs as well. Couldn’t get on with the segmenting subs though, they weren’t accurate for me. Good concept though, just a pity I couldn’t get them to connect very often?. Looks like I might be giving the Norma’s a swerve too.

Agree 100%✓