Rabbit reccie

My pal and I went for a reccie around our largest perm which has estate roads running through so very handy to get around. This perm has had mixy with very few rabbits being seen, so we have not bothered much with it but last night was an eye opener, rabbits all over the place and some serious damage done to the crop edges. 

It was good to see this much activity in an area that was showing NO rabbits in April / May so it looks like we are back in business.

Phil

• Like 3

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:52, philpot said:

My pal and I went for a reccie around our largest perm which has estate roads running through so very handy to get around. This perm has had mixy with very few rabbits being seen, so we have not bothered much with it but last night was an eye opener, rabbits all over the place and some serious damage done to the crop edges. 

It was good to see this much activity in an area that was showing NO rabbits in April / May so it looks like we are back in business.

Phil

I hear what you say, and there lies the difference between Pest Control and Sport, I shoot 100% pest control, there is obviously some satisfaction in a job well done, but I would NEVER say …..

It was good to see this much activity in an area that was showing NO rabbits in April / May

My clients would favour a NIL rabbit presence permanently!

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

A very valid point Deker but we are not pest controllers however we help to keep the numbers down to the point that the estate farm owners are happy with our input and have been refered to other farmers to carry out the same work BUT as you say, there is a difference between what you do and what we do. I assume you offer a paid service as opposed to our pleasure shooting.

As it happens we have been asked to clear rabbits from a large country house gardens and this will be 100% pest control.

Phil

• Like 1