FENCE SNARING RABBITS

Micky. You nailed it. I remember when on the side of a plantation near Pitlochry, we went out and placed a string of snares attached to the bottom wire of the fencing. This was done in the afternoon. In the early hours we went , quietly to within the trees and lifted the top wire as far as we could and let it go. Sounded like a rifle going off and the results were as you'd expect. Can't remember the numbers but it was a lot. Jok.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jok said:

Micky. You nailed it. I remember when on the side of a plantation near Pitlochry, we went out and placed a string of snares attached to the bottom wire of the fencing. This was done in the afternoon. In the early hours we went , quietly to within the trees and lifted the top wire as far as we could and let it go. Sounded like a rifle going off and the results were as you'd expect. Can't remember the numbers but it was a lot. Jok.

Never had a big bag its usually 3 or 4 odd times a few more a good day for me is a few Rabbits  , a couple of Logs  and a fry of Blue legs with like minded company .

Picture 029.jpg

micks pics 246.jpg

042.JPG

Edited by micky
  • Like 5

I've had a few on the fence but the fenced arnt dug under where I go so it's a case of setting it on the right grid of mesh for a catch, had a few on the leg also but I'm no expert. Rabbit numbers arnt huge around my way but I've got a few other areas I do squirrels.