Pays to be patient Finally got him!

Recently got a new permission through work. Farmer was constantly having his lambs chewed but not killed. Which resulted in vet bills and his valuable time having to tend to the lambs in the shed. 

Went out with the lamp first night, called for 20 mins with just a quick glimpse of some eyes. Great a lamp shy fox! Farmer had warned me of this as a few people lamp over his hedges. 

I left it for a month or so as he was nearing the end of lambing so the pressure was off slightly with stronger lambs out in the fields. Went out with the lamp again and after 10 mins of calling had a fox at 80yds. Was only a young one so didn’t think that was the lamb muncher. 

I bit the bullet and invested in a new .223 and pulsar night vision. I was bouncing with anticipation to go out with the new kit as I’d never owned night vision before. (Longest day in work ever!) went out that night and got him at 130yds after 25mins of calling. Probably one of the biggest foxes I’ve had picture doesn’t do him any justice. 

3B4B7B2D-D228-4078-98B3-A60CB776A93F.jpeg

75AD2B17-9A66-4C16-8D36-7D1BD2D4BE9E.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Top banana that pal ?

Sounds like you invested right, and to come up trumps first outing, hell, I bet your still grinning, well done ?

What MOD you got, looks nice, do they do em in .30 cal ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gav said:

Top banana that pal ?

Sounds like you invested right, and to come up trumps first outing, hell, I bet your still grinning, well done ?

What MOD you got, looks nice, do they do em in .30 cal ?

I wasn’t sure about the step into the world of night vision as I enjoy the lamping process. But it has proved itself. Won’t be retiring the lamp anytime soon but to have that under my sleeve for the lamp shy is a bonus. 

MOD is a wildcat can’t remember which one, with style and functionality i would highly recommend one. Only issue I have is having such a large mod and night vision unit I have to remove the mod to fit it into the bag. But the wildcat fits nicely in the leather pulsar bag the scope comes with. It’s acceptable to go out hunting with a man bag isn’t it? ?

• Thanks 1