Here it is

7 hours ago, villaman said:

Like I said , they are not perfect but imo in FAC THEY ARE HARD TO BEAT 

You have hit the nail on the head there Mitch. It is most unlikely I will trade my Impact to a Mk2 as I simply couldn't afford to do it but a great move on your part, do it while you can.

Phil

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philpot said:

You have hit the nail on the head there Mitch. It is most unlikely I will trade my Impact to a Mk2 as I simply couldn't afford to do it but a great move on your part, do it while you can.

Phil

You can buy the parts to upgrade Phil

1 hour ago, villaman said:

You can buy the parts to upgrade Phil

Oh really....................

Perhaps a word with Tony at ASI I think. 

A question Mitch, what is the noise level like on the 700mm barrel, does it have the same empty mod as per the Mk1.

Was the reg pressure set at 140 as mine is from the factory and you took it up to 145 or is it set at 145 from the factory. I assume the reg pressure gauge is the same as the original Mitch.

Phil

3 hours ago, philpot said:

Oh really....................

Perhaps a word with Tony at ASI I think. 

A question Mitch, what is the noise level like on the 700mm barrel, does it have the same empty mod as per the Mk1.

Was the reg pressure set at 140 as mine is from the factory and you took it up to 145 or is it set at 145 from the factory. I assume the reg pressure gauge is the same as the original Mitch.

Phil

Have a word with Tony , but for parts airfective are better . As for the mod it is empty although it is quite but not as quiet as with a proper mod , my mate has one of the donny mods and that is very good , so I will try that or I might see if I can get some one to make me one , I have spoken to airfective about it but £140  

Reg pressure factory set at 115 and that gave me 47 ft/lbs with AA fields . I have taken the reg pressure up to 140 , which gives me 55ft/lbs with the same pellet and about 70 shots per fill , may be a few more 

Tried polymags to day , out to 75 yards and my god they are accurate  

this new 28 shot mag is very good , easy to load takes all .25 pellets like I said even polymags 

Have I made the right choice, so far really, really happy , in fact over the moon with this impact , although my old one is a laser , so accurate with AA fields 

i will pm you latter about a gun shop near you , well I think it is :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Looks like a serious bit of kit vm. However, running at those power levels it’s competing against a .22 rimfire. I can run a .22 rimfire from as low as 27ft lb bb caps and cb caps through cb long, short, z Lang at 30, 40 and 50ft lb. rws subs at 75ft lb, standard subs at 90-100ft lb, up to hv’s at 130, 140ft lb, and hyper at 170 and 190ft lb. The .22 rimfire is very versatile, so if you have both, and I know you’re in the market for a couple of rimfires, it seems like a big investment that’s all. Not a criticism in any way, just a thought really. I can see the usefulness of your .22 crown, and I’m still on the verge of buying one myself (trying to resist is hard) but if you have rimfires as well, not so sure about the .25 impact? Obviously a top notch gun in its own right though?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Looks like a serious bit of kit vm. However, running at those power levels it’s competing against a .22 rimfire. I can run a .22 rimfire from as low as 27ft lb bb caps and cb caps through cb long, short, z Lang at 30, 40 and 50ft lb. rws subs at 75ft lb, standard subs at 90-100ft lb, up to hv’s at 130, 140ft lb, and hyper at 170 and 190ft lb. The .22 rimfire is very versatile, so if you have both, and I know you’re in the market for a couple of rimfires, it seems like a big investment that’s all. Not a criticism in any way, just a thought really. I can see the usefulness of your .22 crown, and I’m still on the verge of buying one myself (trying to resist is hard) but if you have rimfires as well, not so sure about the .25 impact? Obviously a top notch gun in its own right though?

Yes I know what you mean but I have no conditions on both of my FAC air but probably will have conditions on the rimfire :thumbs: 

• Like 1

It's funny as I sold my Anschutz .22 rimmy because firstly, I never jelled with it but also I felt there was no point as the Impact did everything I wanted or needed and with the introduction of the .30 slugs proberbly later this year...............................BUT.........................having seen and handled the new Anschutz 1761 I just want one and get to test different types of ammo not just subs.

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Yes I know what you mean but I have no conditions on both of my FAC air but probably will have conditions on the rimfire :thumbs: 

It will be a closed ticket for rimfire at first, I hadn’t thought of that?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

They must be in a minority.

Don't why any are closed, if you are responsible enough to be issued an F.A.C I'm sure you are responsible enough to know if the land is safe to shoot on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, delswal said:

Don't why any are closed, if you are responsible enough to be issued an F.A.C I'm sure you are responsible enough to know if the land is safe to shoot on.

My thoughts exactly 

You already have an fac ticket Mitch so if you send in for a variation also send in a letter stating that you get regular requests from landowners / farmers asking for you to do pest control and as you have many years of shooting experience, you request that your ticket could be made open class. 

I have to say that in my part of the world, the firearms office / licensing are very helpful and reasonable when I contact them on anything. I know some areas are super tough to approach according to the things I have read but it is my belief that if you treat other people as you would like to be treated yourself, You will get a fair hearing.

Never heard of Anschetz Mitch but well worth looking at the Anschutz ?

Joking apart Mitch you need to read up on these as you can build the spec you want to a degree and with the thumhole stock, it feels fantastic in the shoulder.

https://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=106&sprache=1

Phil