Kennel boxs

I've just got a wooden kennel ,it's in great condition and for 100 pounds I had to get it .

only problem is the sleeping compartment is to large .so I'm looking to make sleeping box for a bedy greyhound and a small terrier x ,

i will be insulating it with ply and foam in between to keep it warm ,

any ideas of how to make boxs with lift up lids etc will be very helpfull,any pics are welcome .blue plastic to stop rain,wind going in threw small gap in door .

heres a pic

image.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, white van man said:

There’s this sort of design. Don’t know what they are like but double skinned so you can insulate. Just need a lid on  hinges. 

86A8251B-68F5-4C1C-BA64-BA54FF52A946.png

Yes I was thinking something along the lines ,I'm crap at woodwork but my pals a chippy so going to get him to make them ,

going to put two in there so they got different boxes,and lower the ceiling with a sheet of ply that can be moved in summer ,

try make it comfy for them ,after all they deserve it ...

12 hours ago, poxon said:

How big is the bed area mooch in these wooden kennels?

It's 10ft long 

six wide 

six high slopes to five ft

sleep area is 6wx4Lx6 high .

pen area 6x6x6

It feels roomy and once I've lined it out I'm going to sort the hatch out ,

i will be putting in a strip heater and guard, but with boxes I don't think they will need them 

over all I'm pleased and well worth £100  .

22 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

It's 10ft long 

six wide 

six high slopes to five ft

sleep area is 6wx4Lx6 high .

pen area 6x6x6

It feels roomy and once I've lined it out I'm going to sort the hatch out ,

i will be putting in a strip heater and guard, but with boxes I don't think they will need them 

over all I'm pleased and well worth £100  .

Bargin fella for 100 bar ???? The floor area is bang on the right size gives the dog plenty of room to stretch out when laying down don’t think there’s a need to put kennel bed boxes in there really just insulate it well add a dummy insulated roof in the bed area 3ft tall so it gives you storage above  an some rubber flaps on the kennels bed area job done ??I’ve seen people add guttering to the back of these with a slim line water butt as well....handy for cleaning out I’ve also seen people mount the kennels on 1in x1inch metal box section to stop the wood soaking up the piss some great ideas to make life easier ??

3 hours ago, poxon said:

Bargin fella for 100 bar ???? The floor area is bang on the right size gives the dog plenty of room to stretch out when laying down don’t think there’s a need to put kennel bed boxes in there really just insulate it well add a dummy insulated roof in the bed area 3ft tall so it gives you storage above  an some rubber flaps on the kennels bed area job done ??I’ve seen people add guttering to the back of these with a slim line water butt as well....handy for cleaning out I’ve also seen people mount the kennels on 1in x1inch metal box section to stop the wood soaking up the piss some great ideas to make life easier ??

It's getting insulated weekend and my pal uses scaffold to raise is kennels and he said he'd give me a hand ,definetly need roof lowering inside and the run area is Slabs ,I've got few large stable rubber slabs that I was thinking of using .

bit of a tidy up and it'll do fine,

pick up some bargains sometimes .

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

It's getting insulated weekend and my pal uses scaffold to raise is kennels and he said he'd give me a hand ,definetly need roof lowering inside and the run area is Slabs ,I've got few large stable rubber slabs that I was thinking of using .

bit of a tidy up and it'll do fine,

pick up some bargains sometimes .

That’s it fella always gotta keep ya eyes open for a bargain ??

• Like 1

I had very similar 1's for yrs before I switched to glav panels.i built a box inside for the dog to sleep in,alittle bit lower so dogs couldnt stand up and piss in em?and used the area above to store digging,ferretting kit,ended up in the end building runs off the side and cutting  pop holes for the lurchers to sleep above the terriers.mine was 24 ft long with sleeping quarters at each end,split the run down the middle,2 terriers each side and the 2 lurchers either end in to separate runs?stop the c**ts chewing it and I got 15 yrs out of mine lol.

• Like 1