Problem with Poo

Hey,

I have recently made my ferrets a new run around section under their living area. But the problem is they go to the toilet down there instead of up in their living area where they normally went? I was wondering if anybody had any ideas of a way i could stop them going for craps there?

Cheers,

Simpson 123

well logically i would think as you have added to there overall area they will shit in the place furtherest from the bedroom :laugh: & where they eat , same as humans i suppose

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Sorry mate but, yeppers. Kays absolutely spot on there. Put simply: Give a ferret a twelve foot long run and it'll choose to nest at one end and shit in the furthest corner. As inferred; Wouldn't you?!

Imagine if ye lived in a place without a loo (I know a song about that :whistling: ) If ye crapped in a bucket of a night, would ye leave that bucket there beside ye, or take it outside for the night? Personally, I have a ditch about forty yards from here. Just like a ferret, I'd rather brave the elements and nip out to that than use a bucket in here.

Anyway, what's ye problem with them crapping down there? I take it ye have easy access to that area? If not, it's a design fault of epic proportions and needs sorting. If it Is sorted? So are you. And ye ferrets.

Sorry mate but, yeppers. Kays absolutely spot on there. Put simply: Give a ferret a twelve foot long run and it'll choose to nest at one end and shit in the furthest corner. As inferred; Wouldn't you?!

Imagine if ye lived in a place without a loo (I know a song about that :whistling: ) If ye crapped in a bucket of a night, would ye leave that bucket there beside ye, or take it outside for the night? Personally, I have a ditch about forty yards from here. Just like a ferret, I'd rather brave the elements and nip out to that than use a bucket in here.

Anyway, what's ye problem with them crapping down there? I take it ye have easy access to that area? If not, it's a design fault of epic proportions and needs sorting. If it Is sorted? So are you. And ye ferrets.

Its not like anyone will steal it is it?

If you can get a thin sheet of galvanised metal or similar as big as the area they are shitting in and put it down and put some of their dung on it they will use this area and you have an easy slide out tray type mechanism which is easy to keep clean. The farther away from their nest/food the better.

I have a large court with a shed on it as well and mine have litter trays down.I tried to put them where i wanted them but some of the ferrets just sh*t where they wanted so i had to move the trays to where they were sh*ting.Some even fouled in the shed so i had to put 2 in there.I have to have 4 trays and they use the nearest one to them,2 indoors,2 outside in the run.Maybe you will just have to use a tray where they want it!.