Hunting the mice

13 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Saw a few very decent ratting terriers play with mice??makes me laugh to see it, they must be nippy wee fcukers the way dogs keep messing with em?

My dogs have been the same and that old plummer bitch has taken thousands of rats in her life time but she don't half feck around with mice,old FD would have  absolute kittens if he saw her on a mouse :icon_redface: ?...

• Haha 3

I used to have this old ali cross thing and a bedlington terrier along with a jack russell of sorts when i was living down in cornwall and they used to spend hours and hours hunting the mice from the tussocks of grass out in the paddocks surrounding where we lived.One day my ali thing came back from the fields with his belly all bloated full of mice,i know it was full of mice because he threw them up all over my caravan floor and there must have been 50+ of them in the pile :laugh:..

• Sad 1
On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:43, goldfinch2007 said:

Imagine being in front of the judge for mice hunting ??

Immediate post ban a recently retired police officer up Hexam way turned himself in after one of his terriers killed a mouse when being exercised. His former colleagues did not want to take it any further but he insisted that they did. A crime had been committed and he had confessed. Once everyone had familiarised themselves with the new law it turned out that no crime had been committed as he was not intentionally hunting the mouse. True story.

Around the same time down Hartlepool way a police patrol came across a group of lads digging/hunting rats on "waste land". The land was owned by the local council. They did not have written permission from the land owner. One of them got a 12 month custodial sentence. I cannot remember the whole details, and assume he must have already been on probation, but still...? Another true story.

• Haha 2