ferretgirl29

What type of locator is it

Hi what mk is this locator I know it says mk3 but all the ones iv seen in mk 3 are orange with the magnetic collars 

What mk are these collars is this set up ok 

received_2107420485991241.jpeg

received_352034558723962.jpeg

That’s a mark three box with the old mark three collars .... I’ve still got two of those and they work perfectly well 👍👍👍 

2 minutes ago, socks said:

That’s a mark three box with the old mark three collars .... I’ve still got two of those and they work perfectly well 👍👍👍 

Yip I been using one years, Iv never owned the newer one with pin pointer, I use one these boxes with magnetic collars 

Just now, ferretgirl29 said:

So worth £120 then 

Box an 2 collars? If they all work aye they worth 120 I’d say

• Like 2

ive got one of them old collars ..I like the way the fit under the ferrets....once the two ends are slipped together..i always wind a bit of electritions tape round..

• Like 1

It may be  atrick of the light but the lower collar in the picture looks as if it is made of black plastic rather than grey.That means it's probably a Mk2. If it ticks faster than the grey collar it definately is. It may use-up batteries a bit quicker . One thing to watch with the black collars is that the plastic is a bit more brittle and the loop the collar goes through is therefore more prone to snapping.

Edited by comanche