OUT AND ABOUT WITH THE HMR

went out on sunday night with the hmr for a quick look around and bagged 4 rabbits all head shots one was at 140 yards which i was very pleased about. and the others where all over 80 so im happy with how the rifle is shooting to say the least. god i love the hmr i think its a great little round. 8) i will put pictures on later

cant put the pictures up as i got home today my old man had skinned and bagged the rabbits and sold them!

Edited by jamie g

went out on sunday night with the hmr for a quick look around and bagged 4 rabbits all head shots one was at 140 yards which i was very pleased about. and the others where all over 80 so im happy with how the rifle is shooting to say the least. god i love the hmr i think its a great little round. 8) i will put pictures on later

You have every right to be pleased with a headshot bunny at 140 yards...that is a f*****g long way with the HMR. Everyone spouts off about 150-200 yard shots but I suspect very few of these people have ever fired one. At that range they are beginning to tail off quite quickly and are very prone to gusts of wind anyway. Good shot that man!

deker, i've personally taken bunnies at 200 and slighty over, in calm weather, that's were the range finder plays it's part, i'm not here to big up my ego,

only to share my experience. then again i use a 10x40 power target scope.

and i say its not all that impossible given practise and drop tables...... head shot at 140 is good shootin........alright, but all i cansay to you is if you don't push the boat out how do you know what your capable off, :hmm:

Guest bruno527

ive seen good 100 yd shots with hmr 17, & thats a long shot.....even on a good day, & not on a range.

i dont disbelieve 150-200+ yd shots are acheived with a small round, as ive done them (witnessed with a 22 hornet & 223) , but unless its been distanced with a digital range finder (bushnell or similar)....thats a loooooooooong way for a head shot !! as a blade of grass deflects a 17/20g round.

before i used a range finder, i thought 60 was 100 & 100 looked 150 !!

but quite easily done with a steady & practice..

good on ya :thumbs: have fun .... :yes:

Nice one mate, very true words there. The HMR is an amazing round. What brand of ammo do you use? Cheers

i use the 17gr federal ammo mate. i find it the best in my annie 1517 hmr. ive had a couple of rabbits at 100 and 125 but this 140 was my best so far. and it was ranged on a leupold rx1 rangefinder. i allways go for head shots as i like to be able to eat the rabbits. or sell them on so they need to be good to eat. it helps that i have a nice bushnell 6x24x50 elite tactial scope on it to. its a top scope and is very clear i all so no where to aim on the mil-dots as ive been putting a load of target shooting in with it. i ad the mag on 16 and it go's to 24 but i never have it higher then 16 really when taking longer shots as i like to have a good field of view. but most the time i keep it on 8 or 10 mag

140 yrds hey... must have been all that time and effort i put breaking the barrel in for you! ;) Fantastic round! Glad its working well. Happy New Year and all that bud, catch up laters

happy new year to you mate to. the hmr you sold me is wicked and the bushnell scope i put on it suites it well. eveytime i go to take a shot im just so use to it now i just no im going to hit what im aiming at ! :thumbs: