Sign in to follow this  
Moocher71

Flea treatment

I took my dogs for check up at vets and I got wormers and flea treatment why I was there .

i use wormer first then flea treatment ten days latter.all 3 dogs were treated at same time but few days after flea treatment my whippet x came out with a rash on the treatment area .this then turned very sore looking and weeping fluid.

i cleaned the area with hibi scrub and put savalon onto area and it's getting better now .

as anyone else come across anything like this ? 

No I’ve not had a reaction like that on my dogs, it sounds like your dogs is allergic to that type of flea treatment, I use pet drugs online for my wormers & flea treatments much cheaper than the vets.i use advantage flea treatment £10 for 4 pipettes (4 months treatment) which I’ve found very good.

More expensive but I rate bravecto. Chewable tablet kill's ticks fleas. Lasts 3 months. 

On 24/01/2019 at 12:12, Moocher71 said:

I took my dogs for check up at vets and I got wormers and flea treatment why I was there .

i use wormer first then flea treatment ten days latter.all 3 dogs were treated at same time but few days after flea treatment my whippet x came out with a rash on the treatment area .this then turned very sore looking and weeping fluid.

i cleaned the area with hibi scrub and put savalon onto area and it's getting better now .

as anyone else come across anything like this ? 

Probably illegal but I bought a bottle of noromectin 7 year ago and I'm still working out of same bottle. Kills internal and external critters . I don't like injecting that stuff so I use pour on and it works. Having said that I don't have a problem with injecting penicillin into my terriers but I have it in my own head that I don't like injecting wormers when it can be poured on. Probably me just been paranoid but I do what I just feel comfortable with 

5 hours ago, jiggy said:

Probably illegal but I bought a bottle of noromectin 7 year ago and I'm still working out of same bottle. Kills internal and external critters . I don't like injecting that stuff so I use pour on and it works. Having said that I don't have a problem with injecting penicillin into my terriers but I have it in my own head that I don't like injecting wormers when it can be poured on. Probably me just been paranoid but I do what I just feel comfortable with 

I don't like the idea of injection for worms ,when I had terriers a fella in next village would sort them out for me if they needed anything but he passed away couple yrs ago.

my dogs all ok now ,looked nasty for a week,,they will not b going vets for wormers etc again.

atb 

mooch

• Like 1