Strange Pheasant

On 18/12/2018 at 21:46, S.Maclean said:

Yeah I don't mind solid but they're wee bit on the heavy side.. I'm setting up a couple hides and baiting stations so the 97 in .177 seems like might be a good shout for accuracy at longer distances and in the hide weight won't be an issue. Just looking for an excuse to splash, always wanted to put a few tins of pellets through one.

97 in .177 is great for static pest control tactics. Won't let you down and so accurate. I was shooting bluebottles at 20 metres the other day from a hide.  Not much meat on them, mind!

10 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

97 in .177 is great for static pest control tactics. Won't let you down and so accurate. I was shooting bluebottles at 20 metres the other day from a hide.  Not much meat on them, mind!

Hi LJ could not agree more with you.

I bought my 97 .177 from Simon, ( Pianoman ) that has been tuned and then fitted with the Sandwell F S kit.

I cannot recommend the 97`s enough for static, spring rifle hunting.

IMG_1065.JPG.243139271b7a592be9d692f41c28717f.JPG

atb  Mark.

6 hours ago, mark williams said:

I bought my 97 .177 from Simon, ( Pianoman ) that has been tuned and then fitted with the Sandwell F S kit.

atb  Mark.

Putting pcp's to shame again, Mark.?

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, mark williams said:

atb  Mark.

1 hour ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Putting pcp's to shame again, Mark.?

Some of the shooting I see on here is unbelievable, pcp's would be my go to if I was commercial but I love the extra sport springs bring and with some of these rifles now when they're nicely fettled are mental in the right hands as above... where can I acquire some of these hands??

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, S.Maclean said:

Some of the shooting I see on here is unbelievable, pcp's would be my go to if I was commercial but I love the extra sport springs bring and with some of these rifles now when they're nicely fettled are mental in the right hands as above... where can I acquire some of these hands??

Perfect practice makes perfect.

Practice beats any tuning by a country mile but a tuned rifle with loads of practice is something else.

Loads of very fine shooting men on this forum SM and all would agree - practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. :good:

Think small, shoot small is a good tip, don`t just shoot for the head, shoot for the eye on pigeon.

atb  Mark

1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Practice beats any tuning by a country mile but a tuned rifle with loads of practice is something else.

Loads of very fine shooting men on this forum SM and all would agree - practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. :good:

Think small, shoot small is a good tip, don`t just shoot for the head, shoot for the eye on pigeon.

atb  Mark

Couldn't agree more. I ain't all that old but been shooting nearly 15 years, which is probably as if I've picked up my first rifle compared to some of you guys, luckily my Dad instilled great respect for my quarry so I certainly wouldn't dream of taking a stupid shot I wasn't sure I could hit and I am a fair shot but nowhere near the level you guys are at with your experience. I make a point to check zero and to murder some paper even if i can't get out at the bunnies just tryna get that grouping to keep shrinking, certainly well within the 5p though

• Like 1
On 20/12/2018 at 17:51, mark williams said:

atb  Mark

That is a top tip. 

I find a small target- 4mm diameter max - really gets you to concentrate and focus. 

A large target tends to breed complacency, which leads to bad habits.

I came back to Airguns a couple of years ago after a long break, and its taken quite a bit of relearning as an older hand.

I think I was more instinctive when I was younger. Now I have to put in the practice and do it by the numbers. 

But I enjoy it more. 

• Like 2