deanflute

Mk1 collar

Can the leather strap of the mk1 collar be changed? It's snapped today but can't see a way of getting the transmitter off the strap

Yes it can. Paul Sullivan on fb does them. Or do it your self if you can be fussed but i think his cheap enough and nice new collar fitted

Edited by terryd

Yes it can . Turn it over so you are looking at the  inside of the collar. With a junior hack saw cut a faction ether side of what looks like a weld longways on the transmitter part of the collar. The leather part of the collar should now pull free, thread new leather collar in and mix araldite and run in the grove. Job done allow to dry easy. Hope this is some help.

Cheers Arry

• Like 4

On 17/11/2018 at 23:25, Arry said:

Yes it can . Turn it over so you are looking at the  inside of the collar. With a junior hack saw cut a faction ether side of what looks like a weld longways on the transmitter part of the collar. The leather part of the collar should now pull free, thread new leather collar in and mix araldite and run in the grove. Job done allow to dry easy. Hope this is some help.

Cheers Arry

Can you put some pictures up of what you mean? I think I've got a good idea of what to do but I dont want to knacker up a good transmitter

See what I can do but had a few nippy sweeties tonight.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1

I've got the collar out but snapped some of the housing. It should all glue back together though. Bit of tape to make sure

17 hours ago, deanflute said:

Can you put some pictures up of what you mean? I think I've got a good idea of what to do but I dont want to knacker up a good transmitter

Well Dean the dark section is what you need to carefully cut out down to the leather. This is one that I have already repaired. Hope this may help you.

P1200557.jpg.fc8df5fa656efcfcc3fde2188ac92c70.jpg

P1200558.jpg.27363d341bec640f185a00917273e944.jpg

Cheers Arry

• Like 3