Permission Wanted Close To Or In Surrey

Hello all,

I am looking for some permission that is within an hours drive of Heathrow.

I am looking to ferret, lamp and if possible shoot with an air rifle.

I would consider leasing some land with my father who owns a shot gun or joining some kind of syndicate.

Any information will be appreciated.

Shepp

Hello all,

I am looking for some permission that is within an hours drive of Heathrow.

I am looking to ferret, lamp and if possible shoot with an air rifle.

I would consider leasing some land with my father who owns a shot gun or joining some kind of syndicate.

Any information will be appreciated.

Shepp

dress smart, print some introduction letters, join an organisation to get insurance and then go knocking on farm doors, livery yards,golf courses etc...no answer and leave the letter you have ready, leave a letter even if they say no....they may change their mind.......when you get permission do what asked abide whatever rules they set and good luck.

Asking on here is preaching to the converted

further i have had more permission with small farms/livery yards etc...than the typical big farms (who tend to have been abused by poachers and chancers more) and more luck with starting with ferreting only,leaving dogs and guns well out of it, then perhaps after a season of ferrets and nets....state i have to stop ferreting now...but i could lamp for another month with a dog.....shoot over the warrens in the summer etc.......

Type in 'horse livery yards surrey' on google. You will get alot of places with phone numbers, email addresses etc. Make a short email outlining what you looking for etc and send it around to as many as posible. I sent around 25 emails out and only got 3 yes's only small plots of land though.

Type in 'horse livery yards surrey' on google. You will get alot of places with phone numbers, email addresses etc. Make a short email outlining what you looking for etc and send it around to as many as posible. I sent around 25 emails out and only got 3 yes's only small plots of land though.

that and yell.com are good ways of gaining addresses, i would still advise personal visits though

Remember lots of small bits add up, I started ferreting up north in Yorkshire and grew up on a farm and had a fair bit of permission.

I moved down south and lost all that, when i started up here, i started with 1 x 46 acre small farm......this led to another farm owned by a relative of the 1st farmer, then the neighbouring livery yard, and neighbouring country house and then another couple of farms/landowners/equestrian people

i now have enough to see me ferreting from mid-august until early march once or twice a week catching in the teens every time out!!

Guest little_lloyd

Just think of the places that will most likely welcome your services,, Livery yards etc..

But i too would advise a personal visit over a phone call,, As it is alot harder to say no in face to face than it is on the phone..

Good luck anyhow LL