3/4 collie

I was trying to find old posts about the 3/4 collie 1/4 grey but when I search it comes up with 70 odd thousand posts.I know it's probably been spoke about in the past and then there's always the certain breeder argument comes into it so instead I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a old post discussing it preferably with some pics of them.a friend is thinking of going to that breeder for 1 as his needs are minimal he wants a companion a pet/worker  it's not going to get pushed to the limits it's more to get him out and about wants to do a bit of mooching couple nights a week maybe lamping just for odd rabbit and things as he puts it take enough for him and a few pals to eat he's not intrested in the big rabbits but said if opportunity came up he wouldn't mind it having a go on a shot charlie.he's had lurcher's in the past but hasn't had 1 for nearly 20 years he's just retired at 55 so has loads of time

It will be out everyday for most of the day(he walks a lot was going to get a collie but wants to start working it abit like lamping a few nights) I may have not put it across best way but what I ment it won't be getting pushed as hard as some lads dogs would he'll be out and about mooching it won't just be a working dog if he gets chance of a run when out it will be taking it .my personal view is a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie being a 1/8 beardie 1/8 border would be perfect for what he wants 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

It will be out everyday for most of the day(he walks a lot was going to get a collie but wants to start working it abit like lamping a few nights) I may have not put it across best way but what I ment it won't be getting pushed as hard as some lads dogs would he'll be out and about mooching it won't just be a working dog if he gets chance of a run when out it will be taking it .my personal view is a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie being a 1/8 beardie 1/8 border would be perfect for what he wants 

Agree with you mate. I think a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie be perfect for him.  Like you say, it won't need bags of stamina etc, and that bit of exta greyhound should make it easier to live with, plus help it catch more of what it does run when he goes for a walk/mooch.

Again, like you've said, this topic has been covered a fair old amount of times, and I do actually like some of these reverse 3/4 breds, but alot of them just aren't fast enough. And I've said before, on almost all the places me and my lad go, unless you've got a very fast dog you'll be going home empty handed. Alot of the rabbits on these places would shock some people with their speed. Ok if your mate doesn't really want to catch much, but if he'd like his dog to catch what it runs, and I assume he does, tell him to get the 3/4 grey 1/4 collie.  Even just rabbits on most ground will outpace most reverse 3/4 breds

• Like 3

Thing is pal round us we have some great land plenty about at the minute and I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie 26 to shoulder it was perfect size a speed machine took everything perfect for round here.that's why my thinking was if I could find some old threads he mite change his mind and not jump into a reverse 3/4 as my old lad was as good a house dog as a worker he be out with my terriers ferrets and lamp but a great family dog as well 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Thing is pal round us we have some great land plenty about at the minute and I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie 26 to shoulder it was perfect size a speed machine took everything perfect for round here.that's why my thinking was if I could find some old threads he mite change his mind and not jump into a reverse 3/4 as my old lad was as good a house dog as a worker he be out with my terriers ferrets and lamp but a great family dog as well 

Agree with you again.  My lad has a 3/4 bred by 'merlin' from 'that breeder' lol, and he's put a few pics of him on here, a while back mind. He's kennelled, but when he has him in the house he's great with my 2 grandaughters who are 5 and 3, calm, not scatty or needy in the slightest, doesn't stress out over f**k all, is fine if he needs the odd telling off  out in field etc and is turning into a decent worker, this is only his second season.  On the whole, he couldn't be happier with him

I haven't a problem with said breeder yes he is a puppy farmer but had a couple of dogs off him think my last was out of luke or John or something and had no issues at all he was spot on.I but on the other hand after seeing mine a lad went and got 1 out of think it was called storming Norman and it was a fecking nut case mental on teeth or owt big.hope your lad enjoys his and atb to him with it good to hear that a few are still doing well think it was around 2002 I got my last and he went in 2013 was only 11 but got the big c was gutted like losing your best mate

• Like 2