50y standing group

as i was up the club today i thought i would start at 20y then move to 25y then have a go at 50y all standing unsupported.now i have not shot at a target at 50 y for a few years and it was a little windy which did put an end to my card but i did put 15 shots into that group with my little .22lr weatherby.not a bad group i think apart from that flyer

.22 plinking 001.JPG

Edited by .357shooter

I shoot prone target but I  made a standing shooting aid out of some light tubing and steel sheet because of all of the slushy sheep hit on the field. Certain time of the year the grassy goes right through them. I've always been a good shot and have been capable of effectively hitting rabbit size targets out to eighty paces  but recently I had an operation on my shooting shoulder to repair a torn tendon and haven't been able to lift the arm  let alone a gun. I don't know how this will affect the long term ability to do prone target but I have been working hard to exercise the muscĺes, and today I'm off to a friend's to try to shoot a few informal clays.. I did know a bloke who fìxed a çouple of hooks on the bottom back of his coat so that he could attach a rubber car mat so that he coulď sit and use a triple Harris. Generally this worked well but when the hit was really sloshy it slipped off down the back of his lower legs as he walked.

• Haha 1