We can not shoot over a pond that has been fed, but we can spread feed up to 10 days before the season opens. I’m thinking I might spread a little something over the next couple of weeks before the season opens to get them checking in. The ducks do visit the pond and creek, but it’d be nice to get a few more on it. It’s a very quiet, secluded spot, so I think if I get some more coming in, even if the feeding stops they’re gonna like the place. Any recommendations?

Here’s what I’d do get some barley or wheat and start to scatter some in the margins . Don’t over feed , just a few handfuls . When / if they start feeding you will start to see them or see feathers on the water and muddy water around where you’ve fed . If the food is gone up the amount a bit , not too much .  In Britain we don’t have restrictions on feeding and would continue to feed throuout the season and after . But if you are shooting wild duck you can’t hit them too often , once every two weeks is about it , otherwise they will just not come in good numbers . 

If you go back through the posts on this subject, you will find various comments, including some of my own. BANANAS. The ducks flipping love them. My mate worked for a vegetable distribution firm and anything out of date was freely available. He supplied me with box after box of bananas and the results were great. I remember the farmer saying that he no longer had the ducks knocking on his cattle feed door . We used to lay them down about 200 yards  from the flight pond and then drive them back. Come shooting season the birds were well sorted and flew around affording good shots. Magic.jok.