Wanted to try one for a long time just for abit of allround work but would like to know if you can get them controllable ive been told there just like houndy terriers but its a fair old wedge to put into a dog for it to run off into the distance lol. 

Wouldnt mind hearing peoples thoughts on them and is it worth buying an import or sourcing one in the uk ?

Good dogs, but get something from stock you know is working, German import, or close, if you can, but the working bit is the most important, I used mine for stalking and she could be controlled, until you set  her off, then she came into her own, fearless little dogs with bit hearts, don’t let the looks deceive you, 

Mine will go to ground and bolt and be dug to . Nothing like a pat though . But she'll hunt up blood track . And can get her to sit wait then retrieve from water great little all rounder . Shes a direct import from germany 

29 minutes ago, HPR said:

Mine will go to ground and bolt and be dug to . Nothing like a pat though . But she'll hunt up blood track . And can get her to sit wait then retrieve from water great little all rounder . Shes a direct import from germany 

That sounds like the sort of thing im after just a jack of all trades sort of thing. Ill think ill have a good look at getting one from germany i have a couple mates going over soon working dogs ill ask them to have a look see whats about.

You'll have good craic with a teckel.

I have a bitch and she hunts away, gives plenty of tongue and doesn't hunt too far.

I find they have a great temperament, easy to manage and she is like a pet around the house.

As said they are more of an all rounder but you'll knock a bit of sport out of them.

What kind of money would they be to import from the continent or buy in the UK?

On 10/08/2018 at 10:47, Rebel said:

You'll have good craic with a teckel.

I have a bitch and she hunts away, gives plenty of tongue and doesn't hunt too far.

I find they have a great temperament, easy to manage and she is like a pet around the house.

As said they are more of an all rounder but you'll knock a bit of sport out of them.

What kind of money would they be to import from the continent or buy in the UK?

What is she like on the scent of a fox rebel?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, smithwicks said:

What is she like on the scent of a fox rebel?

Yeah no bother at all she gives tongue every step of the way and hunts on for a few fields. I have a dog pup here and it'll be interesting to see how the pair go together.

• Like 1