Hi everyone I am a ex military man who has just perchesed my first pcp air rifle. I’m looking to get back into the hunting and target shooting game. I would appreciate any helpful tips to get the best out of my rifle. Any knowledge is appreciated 

867EE9EE-E004-4078-9828-0BE6F07B7BD4.jpeg

A warm welcome aboard Gaz.

Just get used to the gun and enjoy using it before you get into the, upgrading thing we all seem to do. It would be very well worth you while to get hold of as many different pellets as you can to see which give you the best results. JSB produce 'test tins' with about 7 different types so it keeps the cost down.

https://voymir.com/13_jsb

If the rifle is new, give the barrel a good clean with a pull through to get rid of the gunk they coat it in to protect it during storage.

You already have a decent Hawke AO scope so you are good to go. The only point to make is the way you have fitted your bipod, it should be fitted to a sling stud under the stock unless the one you have is different. I would say that a Tilt bipod is far far better than a fixed one so that on uneven ground, you can keep the rifle perfectly upright in order not to cant the gun as it will not shoot where you think it will.

Phil

Yeah, that bipod fitting seems a bit DIY.

There is no magic pill, its all about practice and pellet checking.

Try as many pellets as possible and keep practicing until you are happy on paper at assorted distances!

Upgrades are always about and after tryng rifles people commonly find shortcomings and then spend more on the next one.

ATB!

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Welcome to the gang Gaz  :good:

I remember my mate Steve, RFD telling me what a lot of gun you get for not a lot of money with the 900 W.

They had the .22 version down the club one evening last year and were getting decent accuracy with it.

Under one inch groups at 35 yds if I remember and very close to the 12 ft/lb limit.

A 200 bar fill gives around 28 consistent shots in .22 whilst 25 shots in .177 off a 200 bar fill.

Gaz, I`m a hunting lad and very rarely do I shoot above 15 shots per hunting session, unless decoying.

The most helpful tip I can give you to get the best out of your rifle is to follow this rule of thumb,-

" Perfect practice, makes perfect" and then go practice/ train some more.

Best wishes to you,

Mark.

p.s. - try the SMK Black Flat Target 14.4 g in her.