Kennels - Bars or Mesh?

Alright lads, not been on here for a while but know you lads have lots of experience with dogs etc so good to ask,

I'm looking to get a Mitton Hall Kennel, a blenheim for my springer spaniel pup - just not sure whether to get the mesh or the bars - mesh is £1325 and bars its £1525. Expensive but heard they'll pretty much last forever and would rather spend out once than have to replace wood in future etc. 

Heard some dog can climb out of mesh - my spaniel climbed out of the "puppy pen" my mrs bought within about 5 minutes ? but these have a roof so not sure that would be an issue? 

Pro's and cons - I've been told bars are harder to cut but could be pried apart enough to get dog through, bars stop dogs jumping up but they could get their head (a spaniel) stuck between bars. 

Mesh - some lads have said their dog can jump up and get their leg caught in it etc and also encourages jumping up that can't be done on bars, not as secure as could be cut but can't be pried open.

Really not sure ... does anyone have experience of both? 

Lloyd 

You've pretty much weighed up the pro's and con's yourself. All personal preference, i've always used mesh but have mates that use bars with no problem. In regards to safety against theft, nothing is bulletproof, but if you're really worried about that aspect of things, get some cctv up and sensor alarms.

1 minute ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

You've pretty much weighed up the pro's and con's yourself. All personal preference, i've always used mesh but have mates that use bars with no problem. In regards to safety against theft, nothing is bulletproof, but if you're really worried about that aspect of things, get some cctv up and sensor alarms.

That's the thing mate, if someone wants them bad enough they'll get them regardless of what you've got.