Audi, BMW, Mercedes?

I'll be ready for a new motor soon, never had one of the big German three and always fancied one. I'll be looking for a sporty looking estate so either a M Sport, S-Line or AMG. Which out of the three would you go for? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember if you buy an Audi there's a strong chance you will become a c**t when you get behind the wheel

Had A4 sport line years ago, nice motor for the motorway etc, Just sold a BMW 3 series diesel with the full m package........ Like its been said... They all shit unless they are 4wd. Always buy 4wd pe

Drivers car kermit... Never been one to have what everyone else has, fake tan and a roid chin.... Good to be different.... Another 2k under the bonnet and it will leave most things on 4 wheels...... R

Posted Images

I’ve had audi’s For years mainly a4’s and love them ( saying that I’ve got a vw at the min but it’s the same thing) the s line are a very nice spec, the wife drives a new s3 and that’s another level to the s line, the newer AMG’s are also very nice merc have moved away from the gray taxi plastic, as for the BMW I’ve had one and really didn’t like it, felt like driving something a long the lines of a mondeo 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve had audi’s For years mainly a4’s and love them ( saying that I’ve got a vw at the min but it’s the same thing) the s line are a very nice spec, the wife drives a new s3 and that’s another level to the s line, the newer AMG’s are also very nice merc have moved away from the gray taxi plastic, as for the BMW I’ve had one and really didn’t like it, felt like driving something a long the lines of a mondeo 

Strange that cos the BMW is usually known as the best handler out of all the three. I know the BMW's are the most bland interior wise. Which would you say is the most reliable? 

I would say the Audi is the better engine, ( I can only really comment on diesel because this is what I work on ) merc are also reliable but very expensive when they go wrong, merc make engines for merc where as Audi also includes vw, seat, Skoda so this tends to bring the price of parts down, as for the handling you won’t get better than Audi for 4 wheel drive, I took the wife’s car out a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of a play with an M4, the BMW is a much more powerful car but I left him for dead as he couldn’t cope with corners 

• Like 1

Don't know if it's true but a bloke i worked with said the likes of Audi, Volkswagen have been having big problems with a cheap part going on them. I'll be looking for one about 5-8 year old. I must admit i think the Audi S-Line estate is the best looking of them all.

The only problem I know of is the emissions cheat but this was a program written into the ecu, there was a mass recall to remove this and in some models they changed the MAF I think, you can check this with Audi to see if it’s been done, it’s like buying any car at some point it will need a repair, the one thing to look out for with Audi is the front suspension, check for bush and ball joint wear, it’s a bit of a complicated set up and it isn’t cheap to replace parts 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kerny92 said:

Estate pal I think, don't like the boots on saloons.

There ginormas mate just got rid 15 eclass got meself a lil van for fishing... and the mrs a new x trail 7 seater .. but gona get myself another mer c before xmas ?

13 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

There ginormas mate just got rid 15 eclass got meself a lil van for fishing... and the mrs a new x trail 7 seater .. but gona get myself another mer c before xmas ?

These 4x4's are not all that with rear leg space and boot space as much as you think they will be. Like you said an estate car usually trumps them for space.