HAD A GOOD NIGHT WITH PAV

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First off he showed me how to use the photon so now iv got to buy it back off my son lol and now im saving for a fx impact and a thermal scope . Honest lads iv not seen any thing l

I was even thinking last night what can i sell so i could get one and the fx together lol your right on the they can see much more than we can old eyes or old i was amazed at it . and A

Oh bloody hell Si, what a dork, cheers mate. Phil

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, IanB said:

You know where to come bigmac, when your finished saving ,  I'm only down the road  :)

We were just talking about you last night

all good mind i must add

and i will give you a shout when iv got the wonga lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2 minutes ago, IanB said:

Nice one Jimmy... Yes its definitely the future for night hunting.

Iv been a lamp man from being a kid Ian

and yes im bloody good with them

iv had a few nv units but not got on with them but never had a range finder to add to them

did not have one last night with the photon but Allan did and i must say what a game changer it was for me

I honestly cant thank the man enough for taking the time out to help me

iv had nights where iv had the rifle by the mod held above my head and was going to smash it just with frustration over a nv unit .

but allan just set the thing up and zero,d it in for me and it was spot on .

i had another rifle with me fitted up with a t20 lamp red beam

but apart from using it in day light

i never got it back out of the bag at night .

At one point i put the hw100 away and just sat back and watched Allan do his magic 

with the thermal and FX

4 minutes ago, villaman said:

How much are these units ?

I think Allan say,d his was around £2700

but lets put it this way Mitch

IF I HAD HAD £4400 SITTING IN THE BANK

it would not be there to day id have emptyed it but id have one of the best set ups around

TO DAY

iv seen nothing like it HONEST

Allan say,d to me last night ,,,when you start shooting this you will not want to give it back to me

ALL I CAN SAY IS

NOT A TRUER WORD WAS SPOKEN

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

I think Allan say,d his was around £2700

but lets put it this way Mitch

IF I HAD HAD £4400 SITTING IN THE BANK

it would not be there to day id have emptyed it but id have one of the best set ups around

TO DAY

iv seen nothing like it HONEST

Allan say,d to me last night ,,,when you start shooting this you will not want to give it back to me

ALL I CAN SAY IS

NOT A TRUER WORD WAS SPOKEN

I have been thinking about going down the thermal route for a year or so  and having my FAC impact .25 running at 47 ft/lbs (906fps) with 25.4gr pellet ,so may as well go the whole way now 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, villaman said:

I have been thinking about going down the thermal route for a year or so  and having my FAC impact .25 running at 47 ft/lbs (906fps) with 25.4gr pellet ,so may as well go the whole way now 

All i can say is there amazing

look through any nv and think you can see every thing

but you cant

look through a thermal and you see loads and not just rabbits but all wild life thats around Mitch

mice,,,birds moles,,the list go,s on every thing and i mean every thing and thats just in one field

rabbits in walls just glow white hot

my heads spinning at the moment lol

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Well well well Jimmy ................................................. Impact .25 fac ..................................................what have I been saying for the past two years !!!!!!!!

Until people have actually tried them and seen what they are capable of, I will go no further, nuff said me thinks.

Phil

• Like 2

I must confess that it would be good to see one in action as Jimmy did because looking at them at the shows is not really any good. I am guessing just as a night time range finder was a game changer for me, this spotter must take it to the next level, not sure that for bunny / rat shooting a thermal scope is best suited although a thermal spotter must be superb to find shot quarry as well as spotting them in the first place.

I need a nice little win on the lotto because my pension will NEVER get me a thermal spotter.

Phil

7 hours ago, IanB said:

I fancy a Wildcat MK2 in .25

Well im having a FX and a thermal

it may take some time lol

but im having them

mind i dont have fac so dont know what there like in sub 12

may have to go for my fac after all Ian

• Like 1

I spoke to a guy with a Wildcat .25 fac Ian and whilst he really liked the gun, he found it rather twitchy with 47fpe up the spout whereas the Impact has that little bit of extra weight.

Get that fac sent off for Jimmy, I don't know why you didn't have a chat with the boys in blue at the show a couple of weeks ago. Remember what I said, ONLY APPLY FOR THE .25 PLUS MOD IN FAC AIR.............................NOTHING ELSE. Good luck me ole duks.

Phil

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, philpot said:

I spoke to a guy with a Wildcat .25 fac Ian and whilst he really liked the gun, he found it rather twitchy with 47fpe up the spout whereas the Impact has that little bit of extra weight.

Get that fac sent off for Jimmy, I don't know why you didn't have a chat with the boys in blue at the show a couple of weeks ago. Remember what I said, ONLY APPLY FOR THE .25 PLUS MOD IN FAC AIR.............................NOTHING ELSE. Good luck me ole duks.

Phil

My head is still spinning Phil

all iv done is look at thermal scopes

Ian is there a cheaper one but just as good as the one allan has or as near to it as possible

iv had a look on your site but as im new to this i dont know what im looking at lol

As far as thermal rifle scopes go, the Trail XQ50 or Apex XQ50 LRF is the one to go for, for the price bracket it’s in, I wouldn’t spend more, and I wouldn’t get any models under these too.

Handhelds I would say get a Helion XQ38F . But if your on a real tight budget get a Quantum Lite for the ranges your using it, it would be more than adaquate, but, i’d Still say keep saving for a Helion formthr better detection range and image, features, etc.

As a heads up as of tomorrow all Pulsar products will be seeing a rise of between 5-10% across the board to align with European prices due to £ € rates.