My hand engraved Side-lock. A clone of H&H

2 minutes ago, Ashfaq Shah said:

This Darra Adam Khel. One of. The largest weapon market.  

Yup,i have a few more pics taken around the tribal area,i will have to dig them out.Whats darra like nowadays?Still the same?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw a picture of H&H on internet about 6 months ago, the engraving of that gun just attracted me. So here I gave it a try on a local made side-lock gun. The pixels of that picture wasn't too good.

You did a great job on it....

That is very nice ? 

Posted Images

Just now, mackem said:

Yup,i have a few more pics taken around the tribal area,i will have to dig them out.Whats darra like nowadays?Still the same?

It's the same in regards to weapon manufacturing, but you as you know according to time the infrastructure is changed, I still missed the old mud made shops, and firing anti-air craft gun on Darra hill for 1rupee a shot. That was some golden time. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ashfaq Shah said:

, I still missed the old mud made shops, and firing anti-air craft gun on Darra hill for 1rupee a shot. That was some golden time. 

I remember it well :laugh:

2 hours ago, mackem said:

I took this kids pic maybe 1990'ish?Sitting outside his dads workshop polishing stocks,His old man was in the workshop assembling an AK as I went in.

P1030526.JPG

If that was about 1990 ish,  that's 28 years ago, that lad if he is still around would be in his late 30s now. Why does everyone sit on the ground or squat ? Surely if they can make guns ect why don't they make benches to work at and seats to sit on ?  Where do they get the ammo propellant from and make ammunition? I reload ammo both shotgun and rifle ammo but that is with bought bullets, shot and powder. We dont even make powder or shot here anymore. The other year we were out on Crete, pulled up outside this church and scattered all around were 9mm empty cases ! Virtually every road sign had, had the carp shot out of it. Riddled they were even on the motorway type road.

Yes,he would be in his late 30's,time flies.Been to several towns that were renown for artisan gunsmiths,last one was danao just outside Cebu city in the Philippines,known for its cheap throwaway pistols,the filipino quality of work isnt a patch on the Pakistan tradesmen.

• 2 weeks later...