Question...dog pectoral muscle tear?

Yesterday my 13month old dog jumped out of the vehicle as normal and gave a slight yelp when he landed.

Checked him over and nothing broken for sure. However does yelp when getting up from sleeping and going downstairs. No problems hopping into the van and going upstairs.

Thinking it might be a pectoral muscle tear or pulled muscle on his right side, as it seems to be in that area. Will take him for the inevitable vet check if he doesn't improve soon, but just wondering has anyone experienced this before with their dogs?

All the best

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Yesterday my 13month old dog jumped out of the vehicle as normal and gave a slight yelp when he landed.

Checked him over and nothing broken for sure. However does yelp when getting up from sleeping and going downstairs. No problems hopping into the van and going upstairs.

Thinking it might be a pectoral muscle tear or pulled muscle on his right side, as it seems to be in that area. Will take him for the inevitable vet check if he doesn't improve soon, but just wondering has anyone experienced this before with their dogs?

All the best

You may be better going to see a good bone man than a vet. They are a lot cheaper and better to help you get the dog back right, vets will probably want to give the dog a dose of drugs of some description and tell you rest it. Imo good bone men are worth there weight in gold. There’s a thread been started on here think it’s still on the 1st page have a look through that.

• Like 2

If it's muscle damage it might not show up for a week, probably best to put ur hands over the dog and if you feel any heat put some ice on it through something like a T-towel to ease the pain, a lot of greyhound trainers give massage before exercise to warm up the muscles as well as massage after exercise to warm down muscles, hope this helps.

• Like 1

Appreciate the info. 

I Managed to find an ex greyhound bone man who knew his stuff and I'm glad I did as the cause was a shoulder issue. It was slightly out and he put it back in. 

Did an overall check on him too and clicked a few others spots into place. Dog is back to his happy self, even better! Can't recommend a good boneman enough!!! 

• Like 2