My hunting life

I'm half way through that book and so far it's been excellent. Mr Chapman wrote a series of articles on Banger years back in Earth Dog / Running Dog and although the terrier does sound like a freak you must remember it must have been something else for a devoted Jack Russell man like Eddie Chapman to give praise to another type of terrier.

If some of the things Banger done in his work seem far fetched I wouldn't be surprised but I would believe the stories. I've seen terriers do most of the escapades Banger did but I never seen one terrier do them all like Mr Chapman did.

JMHO.

• Like 3

Yeah it's a good book I didn' enjoy the first few chapters about his horses as I've never been into horses or no anything about them, I no a few people that have spent time with eddy over the years but none of them had seen the banger dog work but they have heard about the dog, I do believe the story's about the dog in the book even no some of them are hard to believe.

• Like 2

People can be very quick to call others bullshitters when they mention something they've seen  in the hunting field. But those who've done a lot of hunting will have seen things others will say is impossible and will be called bullshitters. As a result it wont get spoken about.

But when lads have the balls to mention or write about exceptional hunting feats those who've witnessed similar incidents will know what they mean and such things are possible.

BUT, such privileges are usually given to those who spend a hell of a lot of time in the field.

• Like 13
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished the book this morning and enjoyed every page. As someone who's done a lot of stopping with my terriers I could relate to loads of it.

It's over 400 pages but as I've read most of Eddies articles over the years I noticed that (maybe out of modesty or space in the book) he never mentioned the terrierwork he carried out in America and Africa as well as the hunting he did in Ireland. Truth be told if Eddie had told us everything about his hunting life it would have made a book of 800 pages. Sadly he's not around now to do a volume 2.

• Like 4