side by sides

Forrest lodge guns, thats the place. Only been in once, very small but crammed with some good gear. We occasionally have a trip to Euroguns over the Trent near Doncaster. Its a huge shop with everything you could wish for but its a tad pricey.........

Guest Macnas

I shoot a sxs for game, and an o/u for clays.

I sometimes mix things up just for a change, but really hate carrying the claygun around while hunting, after a while it feels like I'm toting a length of 2x4.

Likewise, the sxs is rather old and I hate giving it a hard time on clays, it's also a bit light for the sport and you tend to feel it in the shoulder after a while.

So, horses for courses, guns for what suits.

Guest Lord B
ive just put in to get a side by side added onto my permit its a AYA ive been shooting with a semi auto but have always liked a side by side and it makes a change as everyone else is shooting with o/u

You shouldn't need to put in a variation to get a SS on your SGC, unless of course its on a FAC due to short brl length?

With a SGC jusy pop into the shop and buy to but the gun, and they will fill in your Table 2 on your ticket and (should) give you a Fireartms Transfer Form to send to Plod, if not do a written notification yourself to them and keep a copy along with proof of postage for your own records.

Your transfer note to plod should roughly include the following:

"I name and address

SGC No.....................

Have today (date) purchased the following firearm: Make, Model, Number, Style

From Dealer Name Address RFD No

And sign and print the bottom.