Stavross

An hour on the oil seed

An hour on the oil seed rape, with my mate, there was a massive amount of birds about but with there been so much rape in the surrounding fields you would get a few shots off then they would move on for 10 mins before the next group would come along, still some shooting is better than no shooting 

9D776752-6E33-464B-83BB-1C888C31732A.png

• Like 2

mate try putting some carrier bags on sticks about 4ft of the ground in the fields you are not shooting you look like young lads so want take you long buddy hope it works for you lads 

• Thanks 1

Think I might have to do that, I’m here now and not having much luck all the birds are sat in a wood I don’t have permission on, the buzzards are doing a better job the me today keeping them off my mates fields👍

• Like 1

put balloons about 10 yards out from the wood on bamboos sticks 6ft ones about every 60-70 years that will work on the wood and the fields haliam balloons are great .and you can leave them when you go the next days should be very good for you 

• Like 1

it looks like you have a few trees about if there is any on the rape set your hide under the highest trees with your back to the wind .hope this helps lads 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, I like that balloon trick, I never thought of that, we do the bag on a stick and that works well, I gave up earlier to day and went to bother the crows on the farm

• Like 1

This is my sad face 😢 yesterday pigeons as far as the eye could see ( well a few anyway) today not a sausage, pigeon shooting drives me mad

F2F96A19-37B6-459C-9E0A-560964E893F2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Thanks for the advice, I like that balloon trick, I never thought of that, we do the bag on a stick and that works well, I gave up earlier to day and went to bother the crows on the farm

old cds work well put 2 or 3 between 2 bamboos the shine put the willys up them and you can leave them so they work for the farmer 

• Like 1

We use cd’s in the pheasant pens I think they would work well where I’ve been shooting the last couple of days to keep them out the trees at the end of the field👍

• Like 1

I wouldn’t of said that, it’s more a case of all the gear no idea, but seen as every days a school day and I’m able to get advice from people like your good self I think I’ll get there in the end👍

• Like 3

I use 2 to 3 meters of red and white hazard tape on bamboo cane's , it whips around nicely in a breeze.

• Like 1