Out this morning

Got out this morning to my perm.

Took a lovely little ferret that i havent used since september as shes small and hypo, the sort you have to watch all the time.

I had been saving a warren for the begining of the year as a treat.

So i netted up 18 holes spread over 15-17 meters. To one side of the warren open field and to the other a track way then some woodland.

Put the ferret in and straight back out, not good, tried her in another hole much better, bolted 3 in 5 minutes i had 2 in my hand as the third one bolted he managed to get out the purse net but ran straight back into the warren so back netted him.

Thats all i did so quite happy considering that the rabbits have been abit scarce on the ground this winter.

Has anyone noticed that the hedge lines nettles, ferns and brambles arent dying back that much.

FF

• Like 2

Sounds like you your morning was better than mine, I've not been out with the ferrets since before Christmas.  

I no what you mean about the nettles, I've been waiting for a warren which is on a big mound of dirt that is covered in nettles, but it seems to be taking a while to die down, I've had to resort to the air rifle on that one for the time being 

I leave them ones for the ferrets. Unless you have to do it. Or put a longnet all round it and stick 2 ferts in and have fun.

Im quite lucky with my perm as there are loads of warrens in open ground with just nettles on or just on the hedge line.

But i hate the ones on the drive where it seems to be thick black thorn bushes on either side, and thats where they have asked me to ferret next week.

FF

17 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Got out this morning to my perm.

Took a lovely little ferret that i havent used since september as shes small and hypo, the sort you have to watch all the time.

I had been saving a warren for the begining of the year as a treat.

So i netted up 18 holes spread over 15-17 meters. To one side of the warren open field and to the other a track way then some woodland.

Put the ferret in and straight back out, not good, tried her in another hole much better, bolted 3 in 5 minutes i had 2 in my hand as the third one bolted he managed to get out the purse net but ran straight back into the warren so back netted him.

Thats all i did so quite happy considering that the rabbits have been abit scarce on the ground this winter.

Has anyone noticed that the hedge lines nettles, ferns and brambles arent dying back that much.

FF

Nice little write up mate nice to hear. 

Cheers Arry