that first pic would suggest that the soil has bin dug out from the inside , probably a rat or rabbit , similar in the second pic and sticks in the traps are just what the keepers do when they havn,t time to check the traps everyday
the keepers will probably be tied up with a lot of shooting days at the moment , and probably spring the traps until the busy period is over ,

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Personally, I prefer to spring them onto the safety. Leave things to accustom to running over that pan with impunity till I get back.

'Mind you, I don't have to walk away from traps for months on end. Doing that and, like Lloyd, I just take them back home.

that first pic would suggest that the soil has bin dug out from the inside , probably a rat or rabbit , similar in the second pic and sticks in the traps are just what the keepers do when they havn,t time to check the traps everyday
the keepers will probably be very busy with their shoots at the moment , and don,t have time to to check their trapline , therefore thats probably why they will have sprung their traps.

My traps were set 24 hours a day, 365 days a year back when I was 'keepering. Anything less would have been unacceptable to my first headkeeper. He was one of the old school types who swore that vermin control was THE most important task for a 'keeper. I learned the hard way! No days off, no being ill etc when you have livestock that depends on you.

OTC