Mooching today!

After checking out some new permission today,we decided to check an earth my ten month

old terrier found a few days ago and when we got there i found this dead fox outside the earth,

no visible injuries to determine the cause of death,but the back end of the fox had what i think

could be a type of mange,would this be the cause of death?Here's some pics of the foxpost-4435-1198441987_thumb.jpgpost-4435-1198442087_thumb.jpg

Guest MyDogsAGuire
duramitex :thumbs: spoton mate most big pet shps haveit an if there gettin itchy an scratchin i would go for some aludex :thumbs:

Well Higgins this is a coincidence :blink::laugh: We were just off for a walk after dinner yesterday in a big estaste right beside our town :whistling: Anyway we were checking a few holes and a most had a strong smell of fox and the lurcher was interested but no we just missed foxy in alot of the holes. :doh: Anyway last earth I could see from across the field it was cleaned out and FRESH well my heart started to beat a little faster until I saw the lurcher at a dead fox literally 3/4 feet away from the hole, this fox had no VISIBLE damage to it either so I dont know? Why would it choose to die above ground when it could be below? 8)

Mange does not kill foxes ,its the secondary internal blood poisoning that sees them off from the scratching, and not the initial mange .Ive recently found 2, one of which the dogs finished off whilst on exercise ,the other dead on some tarmac .I use' advocate 'all year round and not had problems with mange since using it .