What To Do?

Hey folks,

Some of you might remember i took in a dog from an abusive home and hes come on great.

Hunting wise hes a great dog and works great with other dogs.

However at home he doesnt get on with one of the other dogs. They are always looking for a reason to have a go at each other.

The problem with my hunting dog is once hes in a fight he will lash out at anything around him. A couple of days ago the other dog started on him and they started fighting. I jumped in to break it up and me dog grabbed my arm and had a good old bite, resulting in me going to A&E to get patched up.

He's not an aggressive dog but when he panics in the heat of the moment he will lash out.

I dont want to have to put him down but i cant keep him as i have a son who comes over frequently and its just a risk im not willing to take.

My best hope is finding him a new home, it would have to be a working home as he lives for the chase. Hes great with ferrets, birds of prey and all but one dog. Being from an abusive home means whoever he goes to would have to be gentle, hes not a dog you can boot when he plays up, if done he wouldnt come near you for days. So i need to find him a decent home with someone with a lot of experience. To be honest its very rare i need to bollock him, hes quickly learnt the ferreting game and he has won plenty of rosettes, hes a bloody fast dog.

I wouldnt want money for him but only the knowledge hes going to a good home.

Would anyone on here want to give him a try?

post-14303-0-89537800-1499290053_thumb.jpg

post-14303-0-48127200-1499290066_thumb.jpg

post-14303-0-85774100-1499290080_thumb.jpg

post-14303-0-30695900-1499290101_thumb.jpg

he acting normal in a fight , he only doing what any other dog would do in the heat of battle . regards fighting leave them to it, they will sort out who boss, when most dogs fight it more noise and bit of fur pulled out, if it got to the stage where its a vet job and need stitching up , ok move one dog on then .Ive got 2 males that live together one near 10 , and one near 5 year old, now this last year or so, ive heard few growls , and the one day the older dog backed out of the kennel, so i i know the younger dog prob going to be boss either this year or next . And the only time i ever pull dogs apart if the other dog was very small compared to the other dog, or very old. i seen t over the years with all kinds of dogs they have bit of a scrap , and the owners panic , instead of just being calm , they make it far worse than what it is most times .Hope it gets good home , shame for the poor bugger , and you know just stick to your one dog at home from now on . :yes:

• Like 2

If its biting people it wants PTS sadly, not the dogs fault

Dogs fight when they don't know who is in charge, it's about being the boss yourself and taking that stress away from them,if you start having doubts it transmits down the leash , at least you tried, likely the damage was done long before you got the dog pal

Makes me laugh when people say dogs fight each other C's they want control, having control is down too us first n foremost reality is most dog owners have very little control over their dogs

he acting normal in a fight , he only doing what any other dog would do in the heat of battle . regards fighting leave them to it, they will sort out who boss, when most dogs fight it more noise and bit of fur pulled out, if it got to the stage where its a vet job and need stitching up , ok move one dog on then .Ive got 2 males that live together one near 10 , and one near 5 year old, now this last year or so, ive heard few growls , and the one day the older dog backed out of the kennel, so i i know the younger dog prob going to be boss either this year or next . And the only time i ever pull dogs apart if the other dog was very small compared to the other dog, or very old. i seen t over the years with all kinds of dogs they have bit of a scrap , and the owners panic , instead of just being calm , they make it far worse than what it is most times .Hope it gets good home , shame for the poor bugger , and you know just stick to your one dog at home from now on . :yes:

if its two dogs that seriously hate each other i wouldnt leave them to it due to injuries and wouldnt stop em doing it again.